Revv G3 Pedal

Re: Revv G3 Pedal

Strassercaster1
I got home Wednesday made them up reinstalled  to 100uf Electro so I could lay it down . Right when I was gonna demo it my daughter threw up. Spent all night up with her wed and took off work to take care of her yesterday . I’ll mess woth it tonight . I really hope it works but even if it does idk if I’ll be able to fit it into the box I made .  I left room for a battery between the bottom and footswitch . I am going to try that and use my boss tuner I. Front of it tonight to see if a buffer helps this build . I have reflowed everything several times added the 1uf the two 100ns .

Re: Revv G3 Pedal

Thanks for going the extra mile, Strassercaster1.  Hope your daughter is feeling better.

Curious to see if using dual ICs makes a difference for the vero build.

Re: Revv G3 Pedal

Strassercaster1
Thank you Frank . I wish I would have tried them last night but I didn’t sleep at all Wednesday night and was worn out . My daughter seems to be much better today thanks.

Do you think they will help ? Everything is still real close together using the adaptors.

Re: Revv G3 Pedal

Frank_NH
I'm not sure if it will ultimately help.  Squealing is very challenging to remedy - it could come down to shielding and grounding.  It's hard to know without building it.  In the end, I think Bugg's PCB is the ticket.  Good luck!

Re: Revv G3 Pedal

Strassercaster1

http://guitar-fx-layouts.42897.x6.nabble.com/Revv-G3-Pedal-tp45955p46232.html
To unsubscribe from Revv G3 Pedal, click here.
NAML

NAML

To unsubscribe from Revv G3 Pedal, click here.
NAML

Re: Revv G3 Pedal

Strassercaster1
Well I tried the dual quad to four dual adapter from pedalpcb tonight . No difference squealed just as bad . Hmmm . I’m beat tomorrow night I’ll try putting a buffered pedal in front of it . I’m tempted to box it anyway maybe use shielded in and out and box it . I got ten hours in two of these counting troubleshooting . I got a g3 attain board the other day I loaded all the caps and resistors getting board mount pots Monday . I am off Tuesday I’ll have one of these done by Tuesday night . I have tracks to lay down and can’t waot to see how it records direct and through the low input on my 77 50w JMP and 73 100w plexi . It’s all good .

Buying a pcb isn’t the end of the world . Hell I loaded all the caps and resistors in like 40 minutes the entire build won’t take but 2 hours counting the drilling devaluing clearcoating the  box and boxing . Very little offboard working as well . .

I can make another G4 for the box I made for this one . Maybe someone can try doing a layout for 4 tl072 Alex did the thunderbird and it’s got 4 chips and 6 pots.

Re: Revv G3 Pedal

excalibur
Guys there is a review that shows the disarmed pedal
here is the link:

https://pedalauthority.com/2018/11/25/revv-g3-distortion/
you can confirm now the schematic and maybe resolve the noise problem, hope this help you !

PD: you guys are awesome !! I am really impressed. Im a total noob at electronics, i even struggle trying to tell what is the positive and negative on a led xDDDDD and here you are with a protoboard of a pedal just guessing, damn awesome !

Re: Revv G3 Pedal

Kikback007
Is it working? Can you specify what changes did you made to remove squealing?

Re: Revv G3 Pedal

daveycroc
I never got mines to work. Bit the bullet and bought the PCB from Musikding.de

Re: Revv G3 Pedal

fx-fidden
I'm interesting in the trio Revv pedals. The G4 version layout I found in this forum is verified and well working, I guess.
I found the G2 schematic, it's basically the same schematic with some modded value parts so I think we will got no problem to build even the G2.

The problem is this G3 with an added stage. I didn't try to build any, so neither the G3 layout, and unfortunately more than some people got in the squeal problem. I'd say it's a layout problem. (I built a multi clipping layout of the Rat with any problem, then I tried a simple version layout and I got an annoying squeal).

Here's a verified protoboard layout http://effectslayouts.blogspot.com/2019/11/revv-g3.html

And here there's an unverified layout: https://dirtboxlayouts.blogspot.com/2019/11/revv-g4-pedal.html (the url says g4 but there's the G3 layout)

I hope this will be helpful!
I build pedals

Re: Revv G3 Pedal

Koljaiczek
Hi. Can someone tell what's the point in using two stages of a TL074 for getting the same value of VREF? What will happen if I use one stage only for both VREFs?

screenshot

Re: Revv G3 Pedal

fx-fidden
The "simple Vref" is used just at the beginning of the circuit, the input stage. The next stages use the Vref B, the one after one IC rail.
The two last stages use the Vref C, after a second IC rail.
Honestly, I don't even why we need a Vref though the IC rail. My software tell me that the voltage is the same in all the three Vref.
I supposed it's something about a more clean, filtered or noisless using of the Vref. Could be good to have two separate Vref, and maybe here we have just one Vref, but using the two different rails of the IC we get the same advantage.

Just conjectures.

PS
G2 and G4 use just Vref_B.
I build pedals

Re: Revv G3 Pedal

daveycroc
I asked this same question but can't find where.
The general reason give was that there was an extra op amp left when building the circuit so they just used it.

Re: Revv G3 Pedal

fx-fidden
Yes, maybe. I don't know.
I seen some schematics where in this case the rail remains separated, if I am not wrong.
Or even better, with the inverting input and the output jumpered, and the non-inverting input to the Vref.
For example the Micro Amp by Tonepad, i'm not sure if it counts, anyway, it uses a 4558, but just one stage.
I build pedals

Re: Revv G3 Pedal

Kikback007
Hi are the one who made the layput of this in effects layouts site?

On Sat, Jan 11, 2020, 5:15 PM fx-fidden [via Guitar FX Layouts] <[hidden email]> wrote:
Yes, maybe. I don't know.
I seen some schematics where in this case the rail remains separated, if I am not wrong.
Or even better, with the inverting input and the output jumpered, and the non-inverting input to the Vref.
For example the Micro Amp by Tonepad, i'm not sure if it counts, anyway, it uses a 4558, but just one stage.

http://guitar-fx-layouts.42897.x6.nabble.com/Revv-G3-Pedal-tp45955p48037.html
To unsubscribe from Revv G3 Pedal, click here.
NAML

Re: Revv G3 Pedal

Koljaiczek
What about a circuit with only one VFE, instead of three? The voltages are the same. Noisy? Or maybe less power traces help to avoid the squealing..

Re: Revv G3 Pedal

Kikback007
Maybe try putting 10uf parallel to all ic's power input And to ground. For better power filtering

On Sat, Jan 11, 2020, 8:17 PM Koljaiczek [via Guitar FX Layouts] <[hidden email]> wrote:
What about a circuit with only one VFE, instead of three? The voltages are the same. Noisy? Or maybe less power traces help to avoid the squealing..

http://guitar-fx-layouts.42897.x6.nabble.com/Revv-G3-Pedal-tp45955p48039.html
To unsubscribe from Revv G3 Pedal, click here.
NAML

Re: Revv G3 Pedal

Amitay3333
Guys did anyone solve the noise problem?
Someone post new schematic can someone verfied it?

 I would do it myself but I'm run out supply's...
12345