Ruby Amp

Alex

Re: Ruby Amp

alltrax74
Here is my layout (bigger than Alex's one) with the grit mod

And pics of my build (in 1590B enclosure) :

A great little amp, well worth building for home pratice, takes pedals pretty well

Re: Ruby Amp

BetterOffShred
Badass man.  I'm making this one.  I have 2 already but they are both stock, I'll have to jam the 100n Bassman mod too.. I wonder how that takes the grit.
-Brett

Re: Ruby Amp

PMowdes

Has anyone tried Jimi's Ruby Doobie??

Re: Ruby Amp

alltrax74
I tried the bassman mod, but too bassy for my taste. I like it tight that's why I used a 22n instead of the 47 stock one. Anyway this capa is worth socketing.
The grit mod is great for single coils, it thickens a bit the sound with more gain. It's not night and day but worth adding.
I tested a tone control (noisy crickett mod) but useless IMO
Have fun

Re: Ruby Amp

Fred Russom
I built the layout by Alex....I plan to use it as a sustainer pickup for a guitar....I haven’t got it in the guitar yet but I tried it with a speaker first and it works great👍