Ruiner Layout Question.

spacefuzz74
It's not obvious to me, so i thought i'd ask...(please reference the attached photo for the Ruiner layout).

Does the leg of the 10K resistor go to the "Here" or "Or Here" position?  i'm not sure...

thanks!

Re: Ruiner Layout Question.

Alex
To "Or Here".
For MPSA18s it's called Collector.
"Here" is the Base.

Re: Ruiner Layout Question.

nocentelli
It goes to "Or here", it is the collector-to-9v resistor. A transistor needs a minimum of collector resistor (or short) to +9v and an emitter to ground resistor/short to pass signal. This input is (almost) always connected to base via a cap, and the output is taken from the collector (or otter if it's just a buffer stage). Ordinarily, I would recommend getting hold of the schematic for any vero layout so you can compare them side-by-side to trace through the layout before you build. This helps you understand how layout reflects the actual circuit, to learn about how circuits work over time, and also allows you to head off potential problems like the one you've mentioned, plus other things like transistor pinout confusion etc.

This is a moot point, because I can't easily find the Runner schematic online (might be a link in the tagboardfx thread though, I haven't checked).

Re: Ruiner Layout Question.

Sphere80
The Ruiner is just like the Hyperion, except the last transistor is replaced with a 100nf cap.

However, the dual 100nf's in the middle (that connects the two circuits)are a mistake from the original, that many people fail to correct.  You only need 1, even though this schematic and both layouts posted so far show two in series.