Sewer Pipes Ring Verb

Ciaran Haslett
This post was updated on .
VERIFIED by Kinski.

Simple PT2399 based reverb from Earthscum at DIYSB. Development thread here includes some mod ideas for noise makers

Re: Sewer Pipes Ring Verb

Re: Sewer Pipes Ring Verb

Addy Bart
Pity there are no sound clips to be found for this. It looks interesting, especially with the 2200uF mod on pin 6, as discussed at diystompboxes.

Re: Sewer Pipes Ring Verb

squirrels
There used to be one somewhere. Sounded interesting enough. I actually requested this a while back but never built it. Probably should give it a shot.

Re: Sewer Pipes Ring Verb

Kinski
Built this. Works as it should, but I'm not crazy about it. And as the thread mentions, the circuit goes into instant loud oscillation when rolling back guitars volume or tone knob. But thanks for the great layout! I was curious to check it out and luckily it's a quick build.

Re: Sewer Pipes Ring Verb

Ciaran Haslett
Cheers Kinski!  I forgot all about this one.

Seems a buffer in front may help, but there are lots more similar verb circuits out there so it may/may not be worth the effort.

Good man

Re: Sewer Pipes Ring Verb

skeletonghost
Kinski any chance for a quick demo? I've also made this but haven't boxed it yet. I couldn't find a demo anywhere. I feel like it would be valuable for people who are interested in it.

Re: Sewer Pipes Ring Verb

Kinski
Hey, I left town for the holiday. Wont be back for over a week. Plus, I already desoldered a lot of the circuit. Sorry!

Re: Sewer Pipes Ring Verb

spacefuzz74
Hey Ciaran,

i just built this Sewer Pipes ring verb based on your layout, and i quite like it. it's weird!  i noticed your comment "there are lots more similar verb circuits out there",  and was hoping you could list a few more projects for me.  i know about the Noise Ensemble that the SP is based on, but what other builds can you recommend that are strange and spooky like this?

also, do you know about this one?  (based on the sewer pipes).  i can't find a vero layout, but there is a schematic.  it looks cool.

The Sentinel:
http://www.diystompboxes.com/smfforum/index.php?topic=102861.msg929070#msg929070

anyway, thanks for your time!

Re: Sewer Pipes Ring Verb

nicklouiz
Any chance for a short sound sample / demo with guitar?
Every link I found on the web seems to be dead...