Similar sounding pedal to Stardust Blackface??????

Similar sounding pedal to Stardust Blackface??????

jase128
Hi All,

Ive just watched a vid clip on youtube and thought this sounds amazing, I cannot find the exact pedal schematic but can someone point me in a similar sounding pedal please!!!!

Stardust Blackface

link (if its allowed) to the vid clip.....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ciEwxnCqw8

many thanks

Jason

Re: Similar sounding pedal to Stardust Blackface??????

induction
The pedal sounds very nice, don't know anything about it, sorry.

Be careful about making any gear decisions based on a demo by Sam Vilo. He could plug into a couple of tin cans connected by a string and make it sound amazing. No matter what gear he uses, it always sounds like him. It's kind of disturbing, to be perfectly honest.

Re: Similar sounding pedal to Stardust Blackface??????

Frank_NH
I think the Wampler Black 65 would get you close to that sound.

Re: Similar sounding pedal to Stardust Blackface??????

+1. Many of the demos are misleading. As much as I love them the PGS demos are useless because Andy can make a box filled with poop sound good.

There are many pro musicians that have that ability to always sound like them no matter what hear they use. I've heard stories about bassists meeting Jaco and had him play their gear and he sounded like he did with his vintage fretless jazz. It's part of the reason that as I've gotten older I've come to the belief that tone is 99% player/fingers, 1% gear. Not saying I'm the best player in the world, far from it, but even I sound like me no matter what I use. Sometimes it takes a little tweaking of settings and it may not always be exactly the same tone, but I will always sound like me. It's also why just getting the "best" gear doesn't make you sound better.

Rant over, back to the pedal question. I agree with frank that I the wampler black will be the best to get you a similar tone to the one in the video. Even though it will be differnt in tone, just thinking about the amount of grit and how it's responsive to picking you way want to checkout the barbershop. Fantastic OD, great picking dynamics, and has a good amount of grit to it, but the tone will be different though. What you're looking for maybe or may not be, but definitely check it out.

Re: Similar sounding pedal to Stardust Blackface??????

There's the ROG Azerbache too, and it's supposed to more than just blackface tones.

Aren't the Timmy and Jan Ray Blackface type circuits as well?

Re: Similar sounding pedal to Stardust Blackface??????

jase128
Thanks everyone, the way I play sounds like I have a pedal called "the bag of crap" but Im  one of those people that always wants that one because if I get it im going to sound like that lol

thanks for the tips, I will have a look at the Wampler Black 65 first.

Jason