Some Cab Sim schematics...

Heath
...if someone wants to take a whack:

Re: Some Cab Sim schematics...

Heath
I listened to a sample of the Hotline 2 and it sounds pretty gnarly:  http://rutube.ru/video/fd5bef825afdd000fa8cfeb8812d38a2/?ref=logo

Re: Some Cab Sim schematics...

tabbycat
a nuvver one here. might interest someone? slightly chaotic unverified layout given.

https://sites.google.com/site/distorque/home/projects/speaker-sim

Re: Some Cab Sim schematics...

Heath
That one has me really interested...  I've saved the layout and might give it a shot if I get a chance.  The problem I have is that I've got so little time to build lately, and I'm so completely shite at troubleshooting, that taking on an unverified layout is, like, a couple of weeks worth of fiddling around for me

Still, I'm aching to get back into recording and since my resources are modest, anything that makes my crap recording setup a bit more pleasant sounding is worth a go.

Nice find, Tabby.

Re: Some Cab Sim schematics...

tabbycat
Heath wrote
That one has me really interested...  I've saved the layout and might give it a shot if I get a chance.  The problem I have is that I've got so little time to build lately, and I'm so completely shite at troubleshooting, that taking on an unverified layout is, like, a couple of weeks worth of fiddling around for me

Still, I'm aching to get back into recording and since my resources are modest, anything that makes my crap recording setup a bit more pleasant sounding is worth a go.

Nice find, Tabby.
hey heath, you are welcome.

i found it on the last page of this thread (quite old now, 2008) at diysb.
http://www.diystompboxes.com/smfforum/index.php?topic=70445.0
alex drew up a layout for it earlier this year http://tagboardeffects.blogspot.co.uk/2016/01/multicab-simulator.html if you are on a cab sim mission atm. i think i might be, for the same reasons as you. got a few amp sims, got a di, but need something inbetween for real-feel.

sorry to hear you are short of time atm. i have just had my first soldering sesh since christmas. five months off due to ill health, so know what waitng is.
i'll keep you posted re which cab sims work for me.

re laying out, i struggle badly too. even basic stuff. i don't know how alex does what he does so fast. it's shocking really.
this will be my next attempt at doing one (nice and basic)
http://i.imgur.com/QMxqZGl.png
from this thread
http://www.diystompboxes.com/smfforum/index.php?topic=112920.0

kinski has already done the delay, which i have built this weekend but not tested, so i thought it would be nice to do the other to get the pair (since i need the practice). apart from the esr graphic fuzz, all my other layouts have been basic daughter board things, tone stacks etc, or bigger things that went evil-bad and i abandoned.
knutolai (norwegian builder) does some damn nice stomps at his website https://pladaskelektrisk.com/ . very up and coming. so am fairly convinced that this will be worth the layout torture, or i wouldn't put myself through it.