SoulSonic Stage Overdrive

Alex
This post was updated on .
Corrected a mistake: the resistor between Fat Sw 1 & 2 was meant to be 10K instead of 1K.
Also managed to reduce the layout of one row.
Left the previous one below.

Re: SoulSonic Stage Overdrive

Frank_NH
Thanks again Alex.   There's a strong likelihood that this will get built this week.    I'm anxious to compare it with my Klon(e).  Just need to figure out the bypass wiring, but that should be like the Klon.

Re: SoulSonic Stage Overdrive

You never cease to amaze me albru. You are very talented at this

I'll build this ASAP thanks for another great layout

Re: SoulSonic Stage Overdrive

Battery Acid
Thanks for the layout! I just started populating the board! lets see if it works hehe

Re: SoulSonic Stage Overdrive

jalmonsalmon
I am hoping this one is verified... nice LAYOUT!!!

I just realized, I don't have the spdt switches, but I just have to wire it to test

Gain is backwards, but the layout is verified! I'll play with the pedal now,  soon I'll come back and talk about how it sounds

Re: SoulSonic Stage Overdrive

Battery Acid
Here is the board directly wired to the jacks

Re: SoulSonic Stage Overdrive

Frank_NH
Looks good!  Thanks for verifying.  Mine in underway...more later.

Re: SoulSonic Stage Overdrive

Alex
Thanks for verifying it! I've updated the layout.

Re: SoulSonic Stage Overdrive

kirshman
Hey can anyone help me out with led wiring on this one.  would it be sw5 ground sw6 led- like the klon?  Then would sw 4 be empty?  Thanks for any help.  Also, if I counted correctly, I think there are 37 cuts not 36.

Re: SoulSonic Stage Overdrive

Alex
Good eye! They are 37. I must have updated the layout and forgot to change the number.
I've also added infos about the LED.

Re: SoulSonic Stage Overdrive

kirshman
Awesome, thanks for this great layout.  This is a fantastic sounding drive!

Re: SoulSonic Stage Overdrive

Alex
This post was updated on .
Thanks. I'm just glad I could contribute with something useful.
Ps. I've just realized there were actually 3 pointless cuts.
The total should be 34.
I've also corrected a mistake (10K res instead of 1K) and managed to reduce the previous layout of one row.

Re: SoulSonic Stage Overdrive

alltrax74
If I want to omit both switches from you layouts I just don't need the 1k5 boost resistor right ?
Thanks
Denis

Re: SoulSonic Stage Overdrive

Alex
If you want the boost you add a link instead of the switch.
If you don't want it you remove the 1K5 resistor.
The Fat switch you can either add a link to keep it or you just don't connect it.

Re: SoulSonic Stage Overdrive

alltrax74
ok thanks i'll pobably omit both

Re: SoulSonic Stage Overdrive

Juppstein
I know this is an old thread, but just in case someone falls into the same trap as I did: On the 18x19 layout the Bypass SW1 connection needs to go down by one row so it connects with the 680R resistor. I had to go through the schem to find that little bugger