Sparkle Drive is either quiet or fuzzy.

Ncuab
This post was updated on .
Hey everyone!  I just built a Sparkle Drive with the clipping diode mod and I'm getting some sound buts it's either very fuzzy or very quiet.  I've doubled checked the the veroboard cuts, the components, made sure there's no solder bridges, and have even reflowed all the solder but to no avail. When I play it with the blend knob turned to max clean I get a quiet clean sound. When the Blend knob is turned to no clean, I get nothing but fuzz. I have no idea what it could be. Thanks!

Re: Sparkle Boost is either quiet or fuzzy.

induction
Post some hi-res pictures of your build, and a link to the layout you used (and schematic including the mods, if possible), and we'll see what we can do.

Re: Sparkle Boost is either quiet or fuzzy.

Ncuab
Here are some pics, let me know if you better ones.  Thanks everyone!

Re: Sparkle Boost is either quiet or fuzzy.

induction
How about a shot of the component side?

Re: Sparkle Boost is either quiet or fuzzy.

Ncuab

Re: Sparkle Boost is either quiet or fuzzy.

induction
I can't be sure from the pictures, but it looks like you may have missed the double links.

Re: Sparkle Boost is either quiet or fuzzy.

Ncuab
Oh my goodness!  I did not even see those on the layout!  I'll fix those and update you all tomorrow, thanks!

Re: Sparkle Boost is either quiet or fuzzy.

Ncuab
Yeaps, it sure was the missing double links!  Thanks!