Speaker Simulators

jishnudg
Hey, thought I'd repost this here...would love to have any of these vero-ed out :)

V30 Speaker Sim -

http://milas.spb.ru/~kmg/speakersimv30_en.html

Marshall JMP1 Speaker Sim -

http://milas.spb.ru/~kmg/speakersim_en.html

Micro Amp w/ Line In -

http://milas.spb.ru/~kmg/index_en.html

Thanks again!
J.

Re: Speaker Simulators

mirosol
Administrator
ROG Condor is coming up...

I'll add the listed to my to-do folder too.
+m
fyaelectronics.com

Re: Speaker Simulators

Jon the Art Guy
I found this circuit, all laid out on vero but apparently not verified.

https://sites.google.com/site/distorque/home/projects/speaker-sim

Is there anyone who'd be able to verify this one?

Re: Speaker Simulators

Geiri
Here's a vero layout of the condor: click
www.pedalprojects.com
www.facebook.com/pedalprojects

Re: Speaker Simulators

jishnudg
Thank you, Geiri :)

On 1/21/13, Geiri [via Guitar FX Layouts]
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Here's a vero layout of the condor:  click
> <http://www.sabrotone.com/?p=2755>

Re: Speaker Simulators

dylama

Re: Speaker Simulators

jaylow
How ironic! I was going to come on here and ask for the Vintage 30 simulator. I look forward to seeing it on stripboard.

Re: Speaker Simulators

dylama
I have another marshall Speaker simulator schem waiting to be veroed here:

Re: Speaker Simulators

dylama
Too much cab simulations requests, y know... but here is another one, this is from Mesa boogie triaxis

Re: Speaker Simulators

jishnudg
Hehe..yeah what if we just do the vero layouts ourselves and post them
for verification? Did that for some ROG circuits recently...

On 3/22/13, dylama [via Guitar FX Layouts]
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Too much cab simulations requests, y know... but here is another one, this
> is
> from Mesa boogie triaxis
> <http://guitar-fx-layouts.42897.n6.nabble.com/file/n2389/triaxis.gif>

Re: Speaker Simulators

jaylow
I just finished the V30 sim. It's to be used with a single supply. I have a bunch of TLE2074 chips on the way, which is why I used them here. They're basically an uprated version of the TL074. I'm not very good at transferring schematics to stripboards, so someone will have to go through and double check it.

Links to V30 sim schematic:
http://postimg.org/image/8lhvjzdit/full/
http://milas.spb.ru/~kmg/files/projects/cabsim/v30/mod/v30mSch.pdf

Celestion V30 Sim

Re: Speaker Simulators

tabbycat
Geiri wrote
Here's a vero layout of the condor: click
have built but not boxed this sabrotone layout for the rog condor as i don't have a good speaker sim and this seems to get good reviews.

i notice it doesn't have a diode polarity protection on the power. as i live in a dream and may well end up trying to use a wrongly polarised or 18v supply into it at some point in its life, i'd like to add one to the board.

as it's only a 9v circuit would a basic 1n4001 be ok?

http://www.sabrotone.com/?p=2755

http://www.sabrotone.com/?attachment_id=2754

Re: Speaker Simulators

Ciaran Haslett
Most diodes are fine really.  Only concerns are the voltage drop if using series protection.  The 1N5817 is commonly preferred here as it has a much less drop than most and is stupid cheap.  There's nowhere to comfortably place one on that layout so you may have to Fly the diode from the 9V lug to the board.

Re: Speaker Simulators

tabbycat
Ciaran Haslett wrote
Most diodes are fine really.  Only concerns are the voltage drop if using series protection.  The 1N5817 is commonly preferred here as it has a much less drop than most and is stupid cheap.  There's nowhere to comfortably place one on that layout so you may have to Fly the diode from the 9V lug to the board.
many thanks for the confirmation, ciaran.

have realised, after posting two stompbox 'power input' questions over the weekend, that power-in is something i've taken for granted to date. as it has been already worked out on everything i've built, i've never got into the science and maths as i probably should. another learning curve to confront.

re the diode on this one. for some reason (being irrational maybe) i have always used 1n5817 on 18v circuits (mark once told me that was the best one for those) but thought (assumed, through seeing it so often in 9v circuits) that 1n4001 was the 9v standard. but you know your stuff so i went 1n5817

re no room on layout. i can always find room, that i am good at. i stuck the neg in the hole marked for 9v, the pos in the last hole in the row immediately above with the wire for 9v (two into one goes, see legalporno), and cut the track to the left of it. peachy creamy.

as this is my first cab sim build, and it's pretty basic, i was thinking about putting two different ones in a 1590bb for an cab sim multi. like a cab sim one-stop shop covering all bases. can you recommend any others that are good?

was looking at this one
http://tagboardeffects.blogspot.co.uk/2016/01/multicab-simulator.html
http://www.diystompboxes.com/smfforum/index.php?topic=70445.0
but not sure if it would be duplicating, or a less interesting version of, what the condor is doing.

am thinking about something for the end of the chain, between amp sim and di, to give a less flat and sterile feel.