Spiderbait Black betty what gain pedal

strassercaster
I recently heard the spiderbait version of the old classic black betty.

https://youtu.be/nU1VfYYKMDk

I am trying to find out what gain pedal this is for the main riff.. I cant tell if its fuzz or distortion. I am leaning towards Fuzz. Seeing how this is the guitar pedal capital of the internet I was hoping someone could help me figure it out. I did multiple searches the guy Damian Whitty uses a boss ds-1 but this is not a ds-1 in my opinion. any other suggestions? I have owned DS1 in the past and it didnt sound gated and as edgy as this tone. Anyway I like something about it ha ha. I am usually a mild overdrive mild fuzz guy but this caught my attention.Thanks in advance.

Re: Spiderbait Black betty what gain pedal

Silver Blues
I'd venture to say that an IC Muff could get you that tone.

Re: Spiderbait Black betty what gain pedal

strassercaster
i dont think its an ic muff i had one and it didnt do that,thanks though.

Re: Spiderbait Black betty what gain pedal

Neil mcNasty
In my ears it sounds a bit like the Zvex Fuzzolo (or the Wooly Mammoth)

Re: Spiderbait Black betty what gain pedal

i listened to the video and i think it's hard to nail exactly what it is. but, i did some research on their gear and found this, which is the gear the would use. seems like a ds-1 into a marshall jcm with the tone all the way down. so maybe doing a ds-1/jcm800 dual pedal will be the ticket.

Re: Spiderbait Black betty what gain pedal

strassercaster
Thanks Rocket I appreciate it. I had a ds1 but never even tried to use it like that. I guess ill make one and see if thats it. I dont even know if I like the tone but its so much gain i am curious what the heck it is. I know you have made dozens of fuzz pedals so if you dont think its fuzz ill trust your judement

Re: Spiderbait Black betty what gain pedal

strassercaster
Thanks Ill try making a wooly mammoth to see if it will do that. Its been on the list for a while so ill get around to it soon. Thanks again