Spring Reverb Tank Driver

skeletonghost
Hey guys, came across some interesting DIY spring reverb projects today. This one looked partcularily easy, and from the demo sounds great. Probably wouldn't be too hard on perfboard but I thought some of you would find it interesting :) http://www.dogenigt.com/2013/08/spring-reverb-module.html

spring reverb

Re: Spring Reverb Tank Driver

skeletonghost
I was able to answer my own question! I found this today at proto-schlock. Would be fun to experiment with one of those 20 dollar spring verb tanks.

EDIT Oop just realized this is 9+/9-, so it'll need a dual supply or virtual ground (This circuit has got you covered though)

Re: Spring Reverb Tank Driver

Frank_NH
I've been meaning to build a SCR.  IvIark has a daughterboard for a +9V/-9V supply here:

http://tagboardeffects.blogspot.com/2012/05/negative-voltage-inverter.html

Would be a quick one to put together and play around with.

Re: Spring Reverb Tank Driver

Neil mcNasty
Here's my take on it!

I cut it down to just 1 TL082, as it seemed a bit waste to use 2 halves instead of one full IC.
But I'll make one with 2 seperate TL082 IC's later as well, as this configuration might give some bleed-trough. At least that's what the circuit designer got on the breadboard when testing it, but that might not apply when boxed up and isolated (I hope).

Re: Spring Reverb Tank Driver

Thanks Neil!  Here's a link to the Dogenigt Reverb:

http://www.dogenigt.com/2013/08/spring-reverb-module.html

And here's the existing schematic:

I can see where you can combine the TL082s into one.  The demo sounds pretty good and it would be nice to see a guitar demo at some point.  Let me know if you build this and if you think this a good spring reverb for guitar.

(Edit:  I suppose if bleed-thru is an issue you could use single, low noise op amps e.g. TL071)

Re: Spring Reverb Tank Driver

Neil mcNasty
I have not had any time to build and verify this yet, but here is a layout that matches the schematic, using seperate IC's.
I will try to build it in a couple of weeks from now, when I return to my Workshop in Oslo (that's where my Reverb Tanks are...)

Re: Spring Reverb Tank Driver

Frank_NH
Thanks for the layout.  I have a tank lying around doing nothing and may build this for fun.

Re: Spring Reverb Tank Driver

hobbyseason
has anyone verified this by any chance??