Strymon Deco

Burt Cocain
I'm really in love with the "Saturation" on this pedal - is this likely to be something that can be reverse engineered, or is it spaceship technology beyond the average pedal monkey?

Keen to see if anyone has any thoughts on this...

Re: Strymon Deco

balazs.bencs
All of the Strymon pedals are digital pedals, they have SHARC processors, it's a really complicated thing - cannot be cloned by a simple DIY guy in the garage, sorry.

Re: Strymon Deco

HamishR
I think you might get surprisingly close to the sound of the Deco's Saturation sound with something like a Timmy.  I get very very close with a Rockett 45 caliber but the Deco has more low end - in fact I wrote to Strymon because I wish I could get rid of more of that low end! If I could reduce the lows more than you already can the Deco could be a one-pedal rockabilly machine for me - it's pretty close as it is. I guess I could turn the bass down on my amp and leave the Deco on all the time but it still doesn't sound quite as good as the Caliber 45.

Re: Strymon Deco

Burt Cocain
Cheers Hamish, need to look up the Timmy, I've come across it before, but not too familiar. Thanks!