Suggestion for THICK high gain distortion

Suggestion for THICK high gain distortion

ppanousos
Can you suggest a thick high gain distorion build?

Re: Suggestion for THICK high gain distortion

Vince
The Dr Boogie is the thickest high gainer I have ever tried. It can be a bit of a pain to bias all the Jfets but it's a huge sounding pedal.

I made the V2 gaussmarkov's improvements one.

http://tagboardeffects.blogspot.co.uk/search?q=Dr+Boogie

Re: Suggestion for THICK high gain distortion

ppanousos
I just finished mi audio crunchbox v1 and with some tweaking on the caps and the clipping diodes i am prety close to where i want to be!!!

Re: Suggestion for THICK high gain distortion

rooo

Re: Suggestion for THICK high gain distortion

Vince, I just checked this out and it blew me away. How did you bias all the JFETs with that many trimmers?