Suggestions for Space Travel

SeaWitch
This post was updated on .
Hey All,

It's that frigid time of year where it feels nice to hermit myself in the workshop and play with boards and solder.

I want to build a series of sci-fi inspired, spacey/weird/noisy effects.  They can be stand-alone (like drone box/punk console) or instrument effect pedals.

I love the genius behind all of Freppo's stuff as well as Dead Astronaut's fantastic creations, and Paul in the Lab's super neat inventions.

I'm looking for as many suggestions as I can get for ANY vero projects that can keep me busy for the next 4 months!

Here are a few on the bench right now:

Reverberation Machine
Dead Astronaut's Chasm Reverb
Electro Harmonix Frequency Analyzer
Parasit Studio's Theremin Fuzz
Parasit Studio's Quantum Defrakulator
MXR Blue Box
Tim Escobedo's Gargletron
Madbean Gravity Wave

Hit me with all the suggestions you've got!!  Thanks!

Re: Suggestions for Space Travel

PMowdes
Lovetone ? Flanger is awesome, a weird stereo tremolo / chorus / vibe / flange /delay.

The lovetone ringstinger is also crazy

DBA space ring does some crazy stuff

Ludwig phase 2

Schumann PLL

EQD rainbow machines

Re: Suggestions for Space Travel

Sergio
http://rarewaves.net/products/tune-in-tokyo/ sure it can help you search some martian radio station in your  cosmic voyage

Re: Suggestions for Space Travel

SeaWitch
Thanks!  All of those look awesome, and the Tune in Tokyo sounds great...but none seem to be available to "build" with vero.

Anyone out there have a LFO circuit/layout that is similar to the Tune in Tokyo, or a LFO project that can bring me closer to the moon?

Re: Suggestions for Space Travel

Alex
This post was updated on .
There's a layout for the Schumann PLL on the main page.
I've also added a layout for the Tune In Tokyo Synth in the contribution section of the forum.

Re: Suggestions for Space Travel

SeaWitch
Thanks for the layout Alex!!

I have to pick up a couple IC's, but I'll report back when this thing is built!

Re: Suggestions for Space Travel

Sergio
And maybe you need a robot friend in your space trip, always better if it does the talking in retro future r2d2 meets toaster language, http://www.theremin.us/Circuit_Library/pseudorandom_tone_gen.htm

Re: Suggestions for Space Travel

SpaceCommandant
As difficult as it sometimes is to tweak to find a ‘good’ sound, the 4ms Noise Swash can sound like a sputtering freakshow when you find the right settings. It can sound great with nothing plugged into it. I built the smaller one (mini Swash?).

Re: Suggestions for Space Travel

Mulekicker
It's not the lushest phaser out there (I vote for the Mutron there), but the Blackout Whetstone is super tweaky and can get pretty out there. Also, anytime I need to make my guitar sound like a laser gun I rely on the Crowther Prunes n Custard.