Super Duper Concert Bass Mod

Feral Feline
I know there're layouts and schematics for the Super Duper, but wondered if anyone knew what the deal is with the Bass Mod version.

According to the ZedVee site, the 2-in-1 was modded to mimic a Sunn Concert Bass amp... "The input and output capacitors of the pedal have been voiced so the low-end is retained, and transistors were selected to give the instruments sharp teeth while still sounding organic."

Well I can play around with the in/out caps, up to 2µ2 Film caps or beyond that with tants or alloy-electrolytics (10µ should be plenty), however, what other transistors might have been used in achieving such low-end brutality as in the demo vids?

There's nothing in that quote that says DIFFERENT transistors were used, just that transistors were selected. Could be the very same BS170 was selected for both Q1 & Q2...

Not knowing the exact cap values and transistor type is a source of vexation.

Cheers,
FF

Re: Super Duper Concert Bass Mod

highsolstice
Following, I was just looking for this yesterday.

Re: Super Duper Concert Bass Mod

Snam16
Did you find something already?

I am also very interested to read that!