Tape Echo Preamps

Re: Tape Echo Preamps

Neil mcNasty
You have to add a cut between pin 1 and 8 if you are using the 1044, and the 9v input must be entering at pin 8.

Re: Tape Echo Preamps

re101spe
First of all , thank you for your great work and contribution!
I made a cut between pin 1 and 8 , but I still get a high pitched whine,
and the gain still doesn't work. Thank you for your help!

Re: Tape Echo Preamps

re101spe
Oh yeah and I made the 9v input on pin 8 of the 1044S

Re: Tape Echo Preamps

j-pee
hi,

with the echolette, there seems to be a problem:

right now TONE #1 is connected to GATE, which is a mistake

...........EDIT:
simplest correction: TONE #1 should come up by 1 row, from KF to KE

I checked the  original schematic and in that, the tone is not connected to the tube/j-fet, but to the two ends of a 100k resistor...

I'm building this right now, so I'll get back shortly...

Peter

Re: Tape Echo Preamps

re101spe
thanks! finally got it built using 7660s.
sounds exactly like my RE 101 preamp because its exactly the same!
used a 2SC1000GR. a great pre for adding warmth to digital synths
12