Tc spark mini

Teddeeh
Anyone fancy giving this ago?
http://freestompboxes.org/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=27913
Apologies if the link dosent work im on my phone.

Re: Tc spark mini

Emil
This post was updated on .
I gave it a go

All the transistors in the schematic are SMD so I tried to find common through-hole counterparts with similar gains. But I suggest trying them out to find what sounds best.

The gain pot just says 100k in the schematic, so maybe also try different tapers to find what sounds best.

Let me know if it works!

Edit 2: New version as of 2017-09-14. Unverified for now.

Re: Tc spark mini

Teddeeh
Many thanks bud, will give it a shoot and get back to you!!

Re: Tc spark mini

Teddeeh
VERIFIED!!
Just swap the gain pots 1-2=2-3, 3=1
Beautiful. Many many thanks. Lovely boost man. Love it, im gonna build more and im actaully gonna pop this badboy in a guitar i think. Perfecto man.

Re: Tc spark mini

Teddeeh
Apologies it took so long been mega swamped with builds for mates.

Re: Tc spark mini

HamishR
Hi - I was admiring your layout.  At the risk of sounding like a prat, why don't you just rotate Q3 on its collector 180 degrees?  Then the emitter will be on ground and the base will line up with the other transistor's emitter and you won't need the two link or a cut.  Is there a technical reason for doing it like that?  I'm no tech, I don't know, so it's a genuine question.

Re: Tc spark mini

Emil
@Teddeeh
Hey, that's great! Glad it worked! I'll update the layout. What transistors did you use? What did you use for the gain pot?

@HamishR
No reason. But you're right, that would have been much tidier .

Re: Tc spark mini

HamishR
I am planning to build this thanks to your layout - Is that a cut hiding under the 10µF cap?  I hope not because then it means that the collector of Q4 attaches to nothing!

Thanks!

Re: Tc spark mini

Emil
Hey, you're right! That is a cut. But I guess that neither me nor Teddeeh saw it.

I did a new layout now minus the cut and the change to the transistor-placement that you suggested. So it should work, but unverified for now.

New version above.

Re: Tc spark mini

HamishR
I'm sure it will be good!  I'll give it a try - thanks!

Re: Tc spark mini

Djarma
Hi!Do you still heave old version layout?Im afraid that this one is not working