The Sentinel - PT2399 based pitch modulator, delay, reverb & drone verb

Re: The Sentinel - PT2399 based pitch modulator, delay, reverb & drone verb

GrooveChampion
Can I use a 4558 or a tl072 instead of the 358?

Re: The Sentinel - PT2399 based pitch modulator, delay, reverb & drone verb

Synsound
Im getting ready to build this one. I just wanted to make sure that the RED link was just a link. If not please explain. Thanks for the hard work.
Give a man a match and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Re: The Sentinel - PT2399 based pitch modulator, delay, reverb & drone verb

Addy Bart
Yes, it's a link (it's red because it's the power for the IC chip)

Re: The Sentinel - PT2399 based pitch modulator, delay, reverb & drone verb

Synsound
Great, Working on it now. Thanks brother!
Give a man a match and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Re: The Sentinel - PT2399 based pitch modulator, delay, reverb & drone verb

Synsound
Final question
the 510 resistor is 510ohms correct?
Give a man a match and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Re: The Sentinel - PT2399 based pitch modulator, delay, reverb & drone verb

Addy Bart
Correct!

Re: The Sentinel - PT2399 based pitch modulator, delay, reverb & drone verb

andrea83
Hi! does anyone finally build it? I built it but it doesn't work. just clean signal, nothing else. thank you!

Re: The Sentinel - PT2399 based pitch modulator, delay, reverb & drone verb

zoof
I built this layout long time ago, had no luck either.

Re: The Sentinel - PT2399 based pitch modulator, delay, reverb & drone verb

andrea83
Hi! I found the problem! there's an extra cut below the 510 ohm resistor. Shouldn't be there!
Now it works!

Re: The Sentinel - PT2399 based pitch modulator, delay, reverb & drone verb

BetterOffShred
Good catch,  that's one of the ground pins on the 2399.. I forget which one.  That would definitely change performance.

Did anyone do the input circuit?  I have some of those optoisolators so it might be worth doing ? Cool circuit.

Re: The Sentinel - PT2399 based pitch modulator, delay, reverb & drone verb

andrea83
I would like to try it!
The only thing it's not working on my sentinel (but I'm not sure how it is supposed to work) is the dry sound. But is there a dry sound going through and mixing with the effected one?

Re: The Sentinel - PT2399 based pitch modulator, delay, reverb & drone verb

BetterOffShred
It says based on the noise ensemble which does not have a mix.. so there is no dry signal.  I'd wager this has a similar set up..

Re: The Sentinel - PT2399 based pitch modulator, delay, reverb & drone verb

andrea83
Ok thanks, but in the video the guitar sound is always recognizable, in my build turning up the pots make the guitar sound disappear.

Re: The Sentinel - PT2399 based pitch modulator, delay, reverb & drone verb

zoof

Re: The Sentinel - PT2399 based pitch modulator, delay, reverb & drone verb

SeaWitch
YES!  I built this a while ago and it never worked quite right.  I re-connected the cut underneath the 510r (per andrea83) and now it works perfectly!  Sounds awesome!

Thanks andrea83!

Now, it's time to get lost in some noise...

Re: The Sentinel - PT2399 based pitch modulator, delay, reverb & drone verb

andrea83
you're welcome! :)

please tell me if you find your build similar to the video in terms of sound
thanks

Re: The Sentinel - PT2399 based pitch modulator, delay, reverb & drone verb

SeaWitch
Mine seems to be working similar to the video.  It can get very ring-verby, and nice and warbly  The drone control adds a dimension of feedback/noise that is also adjustable with the onboard trimmer.

One thing I know...you must use the 7805 for the regulator and NOT the 78L05.

thanks again!

Re: The Sentinel - PT2399 based pitch modulator, delay, reverb & drone verb

andrea83
thank you! I'm using a 78l05 so I will change!

Re: The Sentinel - PT2399 based pitch modulator, delay, reverb & drone verb

andrea83
Also mine sounds like the original. I think we can say it's verified!

Re: The Sentinel - PT2399 based pitch modulator, delay, reverb & drone verb

crazyhendrix
Hi i build really good!!! but low volume is normal?? any suggestion?? pleasee
123