The hacksaw remedy

adstrum
Just a hat-tip to Geiri. I had a new build that wasn't firing so I started debugging by running a small hacksaw blade between the vero strips. Problem solved in seconds. Thanks Geiri.

Re: The hacksaw remedy

GoranP
I'm always knifing the gaps before installing the wires because later they just get in the way and I can't make a clean cut. Especially now that I've started making little loops ("borrowed" the idea from someone around here  ) and twisting the wires.

Other than that, it's a great practice and I really need to try a hacksaw instead of a scalpel.

Re: The hacksaw remedy

Vince

Re: The hacksaw remedy

Something else I discovered that works phenomenally well is those dental picks you can get from certain surplus or hardware stores. They're easy to handle and if you get the right one, make cleaning in between tracks just about idiot-proof.

--Silvie

Re: The hacksaw remedy

GoranP

You mean one of these?

Re: The hacksaw remedy

Jederino
Dental/wood working tools are available at Home Depot for real cheap, get the Husky version.  As for a hacksaw blade, you can also use sawzall or jigsaw blades for tight spots.

Re: The hacksaw remedy

GoranP wrote
You mean one of these?

Yes, except I use one of these (ish, I can't remember the exact brand now).

--Silvie

Re: The hacksaw remedy

Geiri
Awesome! I use this method all the time because it's more effective and quicker than using a knife. I'm not dissing the knife method but using the saw really cleans it up between tracks.
www.pedalprojects.com
www.facebook.com/pedalprojects

Re: The hacksaw remedy

toddvirgil
I just want to second the hat-tip. I've only built a few boards, but I picked up an exacto hobby-saw and man, sooooo much easier than a blade. Thanks Geiri!!

Re: The hacksaw remedy

.. good ideas AND he looks like David Villa!

Sorry mate can't stop myself!

Re: The hacksaw remedy

Geiri
Hahaha there he goes again with the David Villa comparison
www.pedalprojects.com
www.facebook.com/pedalprojects

Re: The hacksaw remedy

GoranP

Count your blessings, man!

There are quite a few "lookers" in the game these days, it could have been a whole lot worse.