Thirty Hertz Poinsettia problems

2liveis2die
I recently breadboarded th 30 hertz and it sounded great so i decided to build it. but all i get is clean output. The eq pot acts as it should the drive does nothing as far as i can tell.

Ive checked for solder bridges and theres none and no cold joints either.

Ic voltages

Ic1 (top one in layout)
1 0.02     8 2.76

2 2.70     7 5.4

3 1.30     6 2.68

4 0.00     5 0.01

Ic 2 (bottom one)

1 0.01     8 2.63

2 2.89     7 5.4

3 2.68     6 3.63

4 0.00     5 0.01

Link to silver blues thread
http://guitar-fx-layouts.42897.x6.nabble.com/Thirty-Hertz-Poinsettia-td15182.html

Any help is greatly appreciated

Re: Thirty Hertz Poinsettia problems

Silver Blues
Oh boy, well I'm glad to see someone tried my design!

Your voltages definitely look rather off. Pin 7 is the supply pin and 5.4v from a 9v supply means something is wonky. Some high-res pictures of the front and back of the board would surely help.

Re: Thirty Hertz Poinsettia problems

2liveis2die
Like the idiot i am i used a half dead battery for the earlier voltages.

Still the same problem with a fresh battery

Updated voltages.

Ic1
1 0.08
2 4.75
3 2.36
4 0.00
5 0.08
6 4.75
7 9.54
8 5.03

Ic2
Voltages the same as above except
3 4.75
6 5.14

Re: Thirty Hertz Poinsettia problems

2liveis2die
Small update. 330n cap to pin 4 of ic1 was to pin 3. fixed now (not fixed in pic)

a few mods i made too which are
jumper from eq3 to row 2 to move all 3 lugs to same side. also replaced polarity protection diode with a jumper.

Re: Thirty Hertz Poinsettia problems

Silver Blues
So is it working now?

EDIT if you don't want the polarity protection diode, you don't really need the jumper; just take the 9v directly to where the diode's cathode would go.

Re: Thirty Hertz Poinsettia problems

2liveis2die
Yep its working now. Found a small bridge between row 1 and 2 also

Sounds fantastic. exactly what ive been looking for in a low gain bass drive.
Im gonna box this with an amz mosfet boost after it.
cant wait to try it out friday night in a band situation.

Sweet man, and thanks for the kind words  Hope it sounds good in the mix!

Well i tried this tonight in a band setting and its great. Probably going to be my main drive. Love it. Silver blues youve made a winner in my book.

Re: Thirty Hertz Poinsettia problems

Silver Blues
Ohhh damn, that warms my heart to hear, my friend  Glad you like it.