This1smyne - the pearl

Jasonk
Hey everyone, longtime lurker first time poster.  Man, I've read that a lot of times 😀  I've built quite a few pedals from this site so I figured I'd open up one of my favorite pedals and see what I could do since it's not on the site.  This thing is over my head though.  It's on something that looks like Vero with no copper strips.  The leads are just soldered together underneath the boards.  There are 2 smaller boards,  one for each side.  I can either take pictures or I can send the pedal to one of you gurus if you'll send it back to me when youre done.  If anyone's interested let me know.

Re: This1smyne - the pearl

Hi Jason, sounds good to me.  Post some high res front and back pics of the board and we'll see if it's easy enough to do from pics and maybe a few questions answered.

Re: This1smyne - the pearl

Alex
Cool Jason!
There was a picture on FSB but looked like a wiring nightmare:
http://freestompboxes.org/download/file.php?id=15979&mode=view
As Mark's said a lot of high res pictures may help.

Re: This1smyne - the pearl

Jasonk
Ok, so this pedal, makes me feel better about all of mine!  Here's some pics.  This will probably take a lot of questions.
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/v8005lth1gd1apt/AABUPa7HOPj5RfREnVFA7bp7a?dl=0

Touch pots
volume - a250k
gain - b1m
shine - b25k
all 4 diodes are 4148

punch pots
volume - 250k
drive - b500k
tone - b25k
presence - b1k
all 4 diodes are 4148

both ics are mc4558cn

Re: This1smyne - the pearl

Ciaran Haslett
This should be The Touch side

And here's the board trace.  Jason, would you mind filling in the cap values and maybe verify I got this right?  Cheers

I'll get started on the other side soon.

Thanks for sharing Jason

EDIT:  Forgot 1M to Vref.  Corrected

Re: This1smyne - the pearl

Jasonk
I put another pic up with the cap values.  If that doesn't help I'll try and fill them in tomorrow.

Re: This1smyne - the pearl

Jasonk
I put the values in.  If i understand the markings correctly on those blue ones that are mlcc.  I'm not sure about the electro cap.  It says b1106 and 22/35(m) on it.  its a nichicon audio cao if that helps.  If I need to desolder and measure it I will.  There are pics with wires numbered for pot connections, cap values, and such now.  Your board trace looks good, let me know what else I can do to help with this

Re: This1smyne - the pearl

Ciaran Haslett
Nice one Jason cheers!

22/35 will most likely mean 22uF and max rated at 35 volts.

You labelling on the punch side really helps.  I'll try to get it done tonight and ask any questions I may have as soon as possible so you can put your pedal back together lol.

Once again....top man for sharing!

Re: This1smyne - the pearl

Ciaran Haslett
...and this should be the Punch Side

Again can you have a look Jason and tell me if everything looks good?  Specifically the resistor values as I had a hard time discerning the colour bands with the pic lighting...reds look brown etc.

Heres the trace

I'll go over them both tomorrow as well.

Cheers

Re: This1smyne - the pearl

Silver Blues
Just to clarify to anyone looking at this, all the stuff hovering above the 4558A's non-inverting input should be connected together. Looks like the export glitched out on that schematic.

Re: This1smyne - the pearl

Ciaran Haslett
haha....yip!  Haven't got used to what DPI in Eagles export I should use when upping pics to this forum.  I'll post hi res links when it's all confirmed.

Cheers Silver

Re: This1smyne - the pearl

Re: This1smyne - the pearl

velouriafx
The Touch side isnt a Red Snapper?

Re: This1smyne - the pearl

Ciaran Haslett
It is, with sum/assym clipping option.....but I see your point.

When I finished the Punch last night I realised I drew the switch wrong in the Touch schematic but was too tired to go back and correct.  It should be drawn exactly as the Punch.

I'll correct this tonight or tomorrow when I get a chance.

Cheers lad!

Re: This1smyne - the pearl

Jasonk
So the only resistor changes I see are the 10k connected to pres2 and the 100k resistor.  They are red red brown black brown, so 221 ohm right?

Re: This1smyne - the pearl

Alex
This post was updated on .
I think you are right.
This should be ok then

Re: This1smyne - the pearl

Ciaran Haslett
Corrected schematics

Punch Side
Pearl Punch

.....and Touch Side
Touch

Re: This1smyne - the pearl

Jasonk
You guys are awesome!  Are the switches on-off-on to give the 3 types of clipping as the original does? Also, which switch is punch and which is touch?  Again,  I think it's amazing watching you guys do this so fast!  I'm gonna try and build this soon to compare it to my original.

Re: This1smyne - the pearl

Alex
I guess they are On-Off-On.
Switch 1 is Touch.
Added it in the layout.

Re: This1smyne - the pearl

Awesome job matey, and Alex for the layout.
Thanks for the info Jason
12