Time savers!

I'm always attracted to something that makes the offboard wiring more simple (less painful) and I may just be really really lazy, but I think these are just awesome!

LEDs are probably the part of offboard wiring I hate the most, because if I didn't include a current limiting resistor on the board you have to hang that somewhere offboard, and I really hate soldering wires to the LED pins.  £3.50 for 50 and never have to solder an LED or even include a CLR again!!  I may have to buy 1000.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/261424418811

Re: Time savers!

negativefx
Do these already have a CLR in them, or does green not require one?  I'll take a thousand as well.  :)

Edit: Nevermind, I failed to think about the LED having the proper current and voltage to run directly off 9V.

Re: Time savers!

Yes there's a CLR under the heat shrink, I checked with them.

Re: Time savers!

Vince
I'm sold!.... wiring LED's are my pet hate.

Re: Time savers!

I'm ordering green, blue and ultraviolet!

Re: Time savers!

dexxyy
Will these play nice with a bezel? coz they look to me like they`ll be a bastard to fit.
If it wasn't for this website I would definitely have a life.

Re: Time savers!

I've got some 3mm metal bezels with plastic inserts.  Of course the plastic inserts aren't going to be much use but I'd be happy just to use silicon sealant to fix them into place.  The plastic inserts aren't great anyway and they are easily pushed out, so they're no great loss.

Re: Time savers!

rudeez
why have i never thought of these, i've seen them so many times on ebay...
now find me a set of prewired 3pdt + jacks + dc plug :P

Re: Time savers!

Oh nice! I wonder if they have them in 5mm, that'd be awesome.

Re: Time savers!

skeletonghost
Has anyone else tried using a small cutoff of vero like this?

I've found it's much easier than soldering wires directly to the LED pins. It also helps keep the diode flush inside the bezel .

Re: Time savers!

Vince

Re: Time savers!

Silver Blues
Thanks! might have to get me some of those.

Re: Time savers!

Beaker
I have been using these for a while and they are great - SO much easier to use. However I ordered 10 from the UK and they were much more expensive. Thanks for the link though Mark, I have just ordered more from them.

Re: Time savers!

Heath
rudeez wrote
now find me a set of prewired 3pdt + jacks + dc plug :P
That's what I'm talkin about right there.  I don't get bothered too much about wiring the LEDs..  once in a blue moon I'll forget the CLR and bur it out and sometimes I forget to put the shrink wrap on first and I'm like "fuck it, I'm not redoing that" and it gets a bit of electrical tape... b ut mostly it's not a big deal to me.

Now.. I HATE wiring the stomp switches, in/out jacks, and DC jacks.  I hate that second only to drilling enclosures.

Re: Time savers!

Beaker
I used bezels on all my early builds, but quickly stopped using the plastic ones as they were too unreliable and tried to pop out all the time. The metal ones look great, but are still a faff to use and sometimes protrude too far into the enclosure for comfort. I stil have a few, but these prewired LEDs don't work in them unless you ditch the nylon or rubber retainer.

As for DC jacks, yes I hated them until I hit on the idea of pre-wiring them before installation, then feeding the wires through the mounting hole.

Re: Time savers!

skeletonghost wrote
Has anyone else tried using a small cutoff of vero like this?

I've found it's much easier than soldering wires directly to the LED pins. It also helps keep the diode flush inside the bezel .

I use vero every time, a step these will now let me avoid.  Soldering to thin pins or wires just annoys me.

Re: Time savers!

Geiri
This is a great idea but I'm so used to a really simple method where I'm using 3PDT PCBs with CLR onboard so it's quick and easy. For those who don't, this is great!
www.pedalprojects.com
www.facebook.com/pedalprojects

Re: Time savers!

Hee hee