Toneczar

peavey_xxl
Has anyone purchased one of these?  http://toneczar.com/index.htm

Re: Toneczar

dexxyy
at $725 a pop i wouldn`t even consider it unless there was a bj facility in the spec.
If it wasn't for this website I would definitely have a life.

Re: Toneczar

johnk
I built my own clone of it, and IMO, it's an awesome pedal. there's more than 100 components in it (8 amplifier stages!) here's a pic of it:

Re: Toneczar

peavey_xxl
John do you have a vero layout for this?

Re: Toneczar

johnk
it's on Harald Sabro's site. just be forewarned, it's a pretty complicated build.

Re: Toneczar

GoranP
Questions:

- is that a 1590bb enclosure?
- whereddya get that green vero
- what's the little daughterboard with an IC on it?

Re: Toneczar

johnk
This post was updated on .
it just barely fit in a 1590BB. I get the green vero locally. the daughterboard is a charge pump so I can run it on 18V with an 9V power supply.

Re: Toneczar

GoranP

That's weird...

Apart from this looking like a BB enclosure, I'm quite sure I couldn't fit all those pots in a B enclosure?

Charge pump, gotcha. Is that a part of the original Openhaus (it's on my build shortlist, I'll be boxing it with some ampsim circuit)?

Re: Toneczar

johnk
the openhaus runs on an 18V supply and then is regulated to 15V on the circuitboard.I didn't want to use a dedicated supply for it so I added the charge pump.

Re: Toneczar

GoranP

Which chip did you use? Some of those voltage converters give out rather limited amperage?

Re: Toneczar

johnk
ICL7660S

Re: Toneczar

GoranP

Thanks, I'll do the charge pump as well on this build. I have a few builds already lined up but I'm really looking forward to this one.