Top five bass effects

PMowdes

Hi all, What are your top five bass effects??

So far I'd have to say mine were

- Lovetone Meatball
- Frostwave funk-a-duck
- Green Russian fuzz
- Zorg Effects - Glorious Basstar
- Schumann PLL (squarewave fuzz section)

I'm really interested to find details on the Brimstone audio crossover distortion if anyone has anything.

Re: Top five bass effects

Shaggy45

DAM Ezekiel 25:17
Earthbound Audio Super Collider
Source Audio Soundblox Pro Bass Envelope Filter
Roland AP7 Jet Phaser (not a bass pedal but wowza)
Xotic BB bass

i could go on and on lol

Re: Top five bass effects

Ugh, so many to choose from

If talking about pedals you can build:
- Russian Green Big Muff
- BJFE Blueberry OD
- Mutron phaser 2
- Mutron III
- Colorsound Wah

If we’re talking about pedals you can buy:
- Soundblox Pro Bass Envelope Filter w/ hot hands
- Danelectro reel echo
- Aguilar Octamizer
- EHX Bass Micro Synth
- Mysterious Mammal: yes i know i build it and sell it, but its technically not DIY, and i freaking love this thing.

Re: Top five bass effects

Sensei Tim

Green russian muff
BJFE Blueberry OD
EHX Clone Theory
Sadowsky or EBMM preamp

Re: Top five bass effects

Shaggy45
not to get side tracked but damn rocket that Mysterious Mammal sounds amazing.

Re: Top five bass effects

Re: Top five bass effects

Highsmith
Top 5 built from here...

1) Ampeg Scrambler (add a booster, she quiet)

2) Chunk Brown Dog

3) Crowther Prunes and Custard

4) Idiotbox Blowerbox

5) Fulltone Bass Drive

Re: Top five bass effects

Silver Blues
Oof that's a hard one, so many good to choose from. Blueberry, Green Russian, SWAH, Really Cheap Compressor, and actually the Fuzzhugger Doom Bloom is a sick pedal on bass.

Re: Top five bass effects

traktop
BJFE Blueberry bass OD

DOD250 preamp

Russian Big Muff

Dark Meathead, (1uf input cap).

Deviever Sodameiser
Highsmith wrote
3) Crowther Prunes and Custard
Is that good for bass?

Re: Top five bass effects

Can I just name 5 different Big Muff variants?

My favorites are probably

ss/bs fuck overdrive - sounds great with an amp or DI

Big Muff (for me usually a green Sovtek)

Soda Meiser - man that is my jam on bass

Super Hard On - cheap old solid state bass amp + SHO is glorious

Meatball - who wouldn’t love that

Re: Top five bass effects

BetterOffShred
Phat phuk is pretty nice too.
Pixel
Meatbox

Re: Top five bass effects

Highsmith
Yes, it is.

There's gtr/bass switch, but I found it works better on bass!

Re: Top five bass effects

PMowdes
BetterOffShred wrote
Phat phuk is pretty nice too.
Pixel
Meatbox

 Pixel

Re: Top five bass effects

Mulekicker
Yes! I play guitar, but the Pixel into an old oc2 for faux fuzz bass lines is amazing. I LOVE that pedal!

Re: Top five bass effects

PMowdes
This post was updated on .
Here's a design for the Prunes......