Treble cut for MI audio Crunch box

Johellin
Hi.
I've built the (extremely well-sounding) MI audio Crunch box. The only problem with it, is that I find that it is a bit bright. I think I have found out that playing around with some caps at the LP and HP filter position will be the way to go about it. But I have no idea which to change.
So, as a newbie to this (probably quite addictive) "sport"; How do I identify the filters in the circuit?

John

Re: Treble cut for MI audio Crunch box

Pedalhead
You could put a capacitor (10pf to 10nf) to ground after the circuit (before the footswitch). I've done this a few times with pedals that were too bright. Seems to work well enough in most cases.

Re: Treble cut for MI audio Crunch box

Have you built the V2 that has the presence trimmer (high cut pot)?

Re: Treble cut for MI audio Crunch box

The input cap for both V1 and V2 circuits is 22nF which acts as a high pass filter.  If you increase that value to 47nF or 100nF it will cut more high end entering the circuit and so should give you the results you want.

It may be worth socketing that capacitor so you can try different values to get it sounding exactly how you like.