Tube Screamer Suggestions

Synsound
I would like to build a TS circuit but would like advice on which would be the best. Normally I'm into noise and walls of fuzz type stuff but feel I should have the TS staple on hand for some reason. I have built the Eternity Burst with the single column IC and like it but wish it didn't sound muddy at lower volumes. So basically am just looking for the advice on the clones you guys think are the best.
Thanks
Give a man a match and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Re: Tube Screamer Suggestions

I really like the "Son of Screamer" with 18V charge pump that Mark drew. I'm not a TS expert, but maybe give that one a shot, my build sounds outstanding!

Other than that I'd say the Klon

Re: Tube Screamer Suggestions

Frank_NH
Well, a Klon is not really a tube screamer, but...

Just build a conventional tube screamer TS808 or TS-9 but make yours with a diode switch so can experiment with different op amp feedback diode configurations.  My favorite is the asymmetric (1-2) 1N4148 setup, like in the Boss SD-1.  LEDs are also great for a louder, more open sound.

Re: Tube Screamer Suggestions

induction
Breadboard

Re: Tube Screamer Suggestions

Synsound
 I'm to lazy to breadboard. When I got started I bought a few but have yet to use them. I know it makes sense and I should but the reality is that I prob never will.
Give a man a match and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Re: Tube Screamer Suggestions

Synsound
I will prob follow Frank's suggestion.
I just didn't know if there was an option that would prove me stupid if I didn't choose it above all others.
I appreciate everyone's input. Thanks.
Give a man a match and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Re: Tube Screamer Suggestions

motterpaul
This Ibanez TS808 had bass & treble controls - but they are borrowed from the Tim so I believe they are passive - still work fine though - you might want to reverse the pots (so they "gain" going clockwise)