Tubes!

Kinski

Re: Tubes!

Kinski
Bigger schematic:

Re: Tubes!

i just came across this on DIYSB and someone was able to get it into a 1590a. would be real awesome to have a mini tube amp, especially since the tiny giant amp was finally verified. so i'm bumping this.

also, here's some more info on this one: link

Re: Tubes!

Heath
I'd definitely be interested in this.

Re: Tubes!

crw414
Bumping this as I too am looking into a low wattage tube amp for recording

Re: Tubes!

motterpaul
The "challenge" is that the 12ax7 requires more than 9v, and also AC power, right?

Not that we are incapable of using a different power supply, it is just that it's a different ball of wax.

You can find 12 V. AC wall warts  like the ones for the cheap A.R.T. tube preamps. I have one from a dead preamp bought long ago, maybe the wall wart is worth saving at least.

I have seen people use different tubes, but IMO you aren't going to get that magic sound for guitar unless you use a 12ax7.

Re: Tubes!

Silver Blues
Nope, 12AX7 plate voltage is DC and the heaters can be run off DC as well, the schematic above is configured as such.

Also, this project is 6112/7327, no 12A_7 involved.