Univox Uni-comp

gigimarga
This post was updated on .
Hello,

I've just found a very interresting compressor schematic: http://www.davidmorrin.com/home/trouble/troubleeffects/univox-uni-comp (a very nice website...thank you mr. Morrin!).

As a big fan of Univox effects, I am interrested to build one. Anyone has a layout?

Thank you very much!
gul

Re: Univox Uni-comp

gul
Thanks for sharing that link, I had never seen his site before. Some good info on there.

Re: Univox Uni-comp

gigimarga
It's a veru strange schematic for me...more than a MXR Distortion+ than a compressor :)

Re: Univox Uni-comp

It's an optical compressor. If you look at the schematic you'll see there's and LED and LDR on th schematic under the IC, that goes to a network to a pot on the left which controls the compression.

Re: Univox Uni-comp

gigimarga
I saw that it's an optical compressor (like DOD), but the clipping diodes at the output make me very curious :)

Re: Univox Uni-comp

Sergio
http://files.effectsdatabase.com/docs/files/melos_minicomp_schematics.jpg

i think that verson made by melos has the value of one missing electro cap 33 uF

Re: Univox Uni-comp

Sergio
This post was updated on .
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: Univox Uni-comp

Sergio
This post was updated on .
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: Univox Uni-comp

gigimarga
Wow...thank you very much, Sergio!

I will build it as soon as I will a little time.

One note: MD234 are silicon diodes, not germanium. I have an original Ibanez MT10 and I measured them.  The voltage is around 0.6-0.7 V.

Thank you a lot again!

Re: Univox Uni-comp

Sergio
This post was updated on .
Thats nothing, but if you are not in a hurry, Ithink that I could downsize this to 18x12 with 4 moves and1 or 2 cuts and maybe 1 link more.

I suspect 33uF and 330nF polarised, both are tantalum

Re: Univox Uni-comp

mercury6
did you ever end up building one?? im about to finish one in the next day. ill post the results when done

Re: Univox Uni-comp

kragg
Hi,
In the end, did anyone managed to make it work ?
I made a slightly smaller layout (which i haven't built yet)...