Usage for these tiny Russian tubes?

inefficiency
So, while browsing all the usual Bulgarian and other sources of soviet germs and whatnot, I keep coming across all these little baby tubes.

I'm wondering if anyone has a use for them? or has even tried using them for anything? Perhaps some sort of tube overdrive that operates at less juice than the big boys?

This is the kind of thing I'm talking about:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/10x-6N16B-V-6021-6SN7-USSR-double-triodes-Gold-Grid-NOS-/261548871005?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3ce5870d5d

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1-x-IV-9-IV9-NIXIE-NUMITRON-RUSSIAN-TUBES-NOS-BOX-/261638225325?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3ceada7dad

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/6H7B-V-Tube-lamp-USSR-Lot-of-2-pcs-/131046786981

Re: Usage for these tiny Russian tubes?

The only project that I've seen that uses one of these is a clock

I've been interested in trying them for audio. I don't expect them to sound like an EL84 or 12AX7 but they seem interesting in the same sense as transistors and such, plus they have the cool glass glowy mojo

I'd like to check out some of their datasheets to get an idea of operating voltages

Re: Usage for these tiny Russian tubes?

Silver Blues
I thought I saw someone had made a little low-wattage amp out of these.

Re: Usage for these tiny Russian tubes?

Stinger25
I have few of those. If I'm not mistaken they called sub mini tubes. There are few Rick Holt's projects with them. Red Star (electra distortion with tube) and few mini amps I think.

Re: Usage for these tiny Russian tubes?

Stinger25

Re: Usage for these tiny Russian tubes?

I'm pretty sure Matsumin has a few designs that can use sub-mini tubes.

Re: Usage for these tiny Russian tubes?

inefficiency
Very cool.

They seemed to me like a cool alternative to the bigger boys. Small enough to fit in a pedal and not have them jutting out the top or whatever (although that does look cool).

Re: Usage for these tiny Russian tubes?

Stinger25
Few years ago i've built an overdrive with mini tube, that runs on 12V. It really had a thin sound IMO, so I guess you have to run them on high voltage to get a decent sound

Re: Usage for these tiny Russian tubes?

motterpaul
These are dual triodes - same as 12ax7, right?

I saw some pedals at NAMM that use these (same size, anyway), but as said above, the sound was not that great. Thin and wimpy.