VFE Choral Reef Chorus (w/o switching board)

MAO

Re: VFE Choral Reef Chorus (w/o switching board)

MAO
Groove and Sphere,
On your pcb versions, were you able to set the bias so all 3 switch settings would work without oscillation?

On mine, when I set the bias with switch in the middle,  sounds great and works at all pot settings.

But I get crazy oscillation in either outer switch position with the feedback and width turned up.

When I rebias for the outer switch positions, doesnt sound as good.

I guess my question is, do your pcb versions oscillate on the outer switch positions with the feedback and width turned up?
1978 Gibson Les Paul Standard, Cherry Sunburst

Re: VFE Choral Reef Chorus (w/o switching board)

GrooveChampion
As far as I recall no.
MAO

Re: VFE Choral Reef Chorus (w/o switching board)

MAO
Thanks, on mine it seems I have to Bias for just one of the switch settings, and the other two either oscillate or don't sound all that good.

I can bias each one separately and it will sound good, but the other 2 settings wont sound good.

Scratching my head on this one...

GrooveChampion
I will double check mine today

Hey MAO, I checked mine, its seems to only oscillate(slight background whine) only when the switch is on fast and the settings are maxed
MAO

Re: VFE Choral Reef Chorus (w/o switching board)

MAO
Cool, thanks for checking it out!

I should have a pcb version completed today, and then should be able to determine if it's the layout, build quality, or component(s).

Good luck on your Slow Gear quest

Well, theres a reason I ordered the FV1 programmer from pedal pcb
MAO

Re: VFE Choral Reef Chorus (w/o switching board)

MAO
PCB version works perfectly.

So it appears the vero layout or my build quality was the issue.

Will have to build another vero and see how that one goes.
1978 Gibson Les Paul Standard, Cherry Sunburst

Re: VFE Choral Reef Chorus (w/o switching board)

GrooveChampion
Happy to help at least somehow man
12