VFE Distortion 3

FlipGuitarist
This post was updated on .
http://https://imgur.com/gallery/NaBZ1bzhttp://https://imgur.com/gallery/9ZkPr0Chttps://imgur.com/gallery/0YedYmnhttps://imgur.com/gallery/WgAV1EX

I don’t know what’s wrong with the build. I get no signal or effect. I followed the layout linked below and parts are correct. Checked for bridges nothing. How do I go about checking for voltage to check if ic and transistor aren’t good? Thanks. Love this site and as a newbie I built at least 6 already and only ran into an issue on this build. Most of my builds from layouts here worked except for one unverified wah and this one. Please help and thanks again.
http://guitar-fx-layouts.42897.x6.nabble.com/VFE-Distortion-3-quot-cubed-quot-layout-td36720.html

Re: VFE Distortion 3

Zanius
Hey!

Can't tell much by the picture, vertical pictures of the front and the back of your build would be easier to inspect.

Also, are you sure this is a stripboard and not a perfboard?

Re: VFE Distortion 3

FlipGuitarist
Thanks for the reply. I put at least four links. Scroll right please. It’s a strip board.

Edit:
Tried editing the post but the links still come out like that.

Re: VFE Distortion 3

FlipGuitarist
Nevermind I figured it out. I just use a wire to jumper.17699E3D-0F84-4640-90FE-8767C8EC12DD.jpeg

Not sure if it’s correct but I finally got signal and effect.

Re: VFE Distortion 3

Sphere80
Did you use an LM741 and does it work correctly now?  You connected
pins 1 (usually left alone) and 6, and say that fixed things? That
pedal is basically an MXR Dist+. with tone and clipping mods.

http://tagboardeffects.blogspot.com/2010/07/mxr-dist.html
https://www.electrosmash.com/mxr-distortion-plus-analysis

Re: VFE Distortion 3

FlipGuitarist
Not sure if it’s supposed to work that way but that’s how I finally got signal and effect. I used tl071