Vero Board Suppliers?

GuitarGas
Hey guys, I'm new here in the forum so hi to all.
Firstly a HUGE thanks for this site, totally rocks and been sharing it with all my mates here in Aust. but I digress.
I have been sifting through the Bargains thread and I haven't really found any vero/strip board supply recommendations so I was wondering if anyone has any?
Cheers and thanks again.
Oh yeah so far my builds are the LP Amp11 and the Woodrow, sound so good paired up.

Re: Vero Board Suppliers?

Silver Blues
Hey those are some pretty cool boxes!

Sorry I can't help you with the vero, I get mine local.

Re: Vero Board Suppliers?

GuitarGas
Cheers Silver Blues, they are a couple of old Big White Monkey Pedals I had. A mate of mine was moving to Dubai so he gave them to me, I already had the same pedals so once I came across this site these ended up as spare parts.

Re: Vero Board Suppliers?

i actually agree with silver. i dig the enclosures. for me i get my vero from tayda. it's pretty damn cheap, and since there's a distrobuition center in the US, i get it pretty fast. also, i haven't had any issues yet. i've also bought from veroboard.com. the company is in canada, silvers area of the world, the quality is fantastic, the boards are green, but they are pricey compared to tayda. with veroboard.com you can get boards in all sizes, while tayda has only 2 sizes, big and small.

i usually keep some from veroboard.com in large sizes for the stupid big builds on here that i plan on attacking

Re: Vero Board Suppliers?

GuitarGas
Thanks rocket88, I have checked out Tayda and yes they are pretty cheap. I did just place an order with them but didn't get any vero, I thought if I couldn't find a 'Bulk' supplier for my next couple of builds i'd just get a couple of boards from my local Jaycar. I will look into veroboard.com when I get into those bigger builds. Cheers

Re: Vero Board Suppliers?

Heath
I get mine here:

http://stores.ebay.com/electronicbitsandbobs

They have some nice big boards and the price is pretty decent.  I'm in the US and they ship from the UK so it's not super fast shipping, but still not bad at all considering.  I can usually get anywhere from 3 to 8 pedals out of one piece of their larger stripboard (35/61 strips/holes, and I get the 4 piece orders) so I don't have to order more very often.  When I get down to one piece left, I just order another 4 big slabs and it gets here long before I ever need it :)

Re: Vero Board Suppliers?

This is pretty well priced, and you will be able to make a lot of effects out of one board

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/290972784568

Re: Vero Board Suppliers?

negativefx

Re: Vero Board Suppliers?

Heath
Well, shit... Amazon just got a new customer.

Re: Vero Board Suppliers?

GuitarGas
Those Amazon boards look sweet, but they wont ship to Australia. Will check out the other suggestions. Cheers guys!

Re: Vero Board Suppliers?

If you need I can order them and send them to you. There's a distribution center in my state so iget things in 2 days. Also, that's the same company as veroboard.com

Re: Vero Board Suppliers?

GuitarGas
Cool, thanks rocket, would you mind getting a quote on shipping. I'm located in New South Wales and my postal/Zip code is 2486. I think the AU $ is pretty crap at the moment so will see how the currency conversion looks with the shipping.

Re: Vero Board Suppliers?

negativefx
You're correct rocket, this is veroboard.com selling on Amazon.  Ordering through Amazon has its benefits though.  If you have Prime, you get free 2 day shipping.  If you have any problems with the order, the customer service goes through Amazon rather than the who-knows support of veroboard.com.  Your payment information is (hopefully!) more secure on Amazon than on veroboard.com.

Disclaimer:  My wife works for Amazon but all these facts were true prior to her employment.  :)

Re: Vero Board Suppliers?

Oh does she now? Can she give us the inside track on some things.

But, for me prime doesn't help, cause they opened a distribution center in nj, so now no matter what I order I get it in 2 days.

Re: Vero Board Suppliers?

negativefx
Yep, same here... Denver dist center to Fort Collins is only a 50 mile drive so pretty much everything is here in 1-2 days regardless of shipping type. However, that "spend $25 for free shipping" is moot... I use prime for $3 items all the time.  Know my UPS driver by name.  :)

My wife's not of much use to our endeavors though, she sells novelty t-shirts.  As a matter of fact, she sells two of their best sellers: Three Wolf Moon and BAZINGA.  I could probably hook you up with a discount on Blake's bear coat from Workaholics but that's about it!

Re: Vero Board Suppliers?

That's crazy. I was just teasing about you're wife hooking us up. But that's pretty awesome. That's like my gf's cousin who works at google, but with him I just made fun of the shit google fucks up because he can't get shit. Lol

I actually never have orders that are less then $25, so shipping always is free. Haha. It's great cause I can order a book a bunch at a time.

Re: Vero Board Suppliers?

I've ordered vero from Amazon and they are great to work with.  I definitely prefer the epoxy-fiber vero to the phenolic (I've used both - phenolic is OK but the epoxy-fiber is more rigid).

Re: Vero Board Suppliers?

Chris60601
I agree. I got my order Veroboard.com (via Amazon) for 3 sets of 2 4"x10" fiber. These are beautiful!!

Cheers
Yeah, 220, 221. Whatever it takes.