Vero insanity!!! Help group!

Pariah
Been building pedals for a while and only recently got into vero/stripboard... Now it's all I think about. I go to bed with layouts in my head, and wake up the same way! Do I need help or is this actually normal? Need to convince my other half that I'm not completely losing the plot! Thanks to everyone here for the contributions and advice. Love this place so much!

Re: Vero insanity!!! Help group!

Addy Bart
Ha! Nice. Best avoid perfboard for the time being though ;-)

Re: Vero insanity!!! Help group!

Pariah
Haha. Definitely! I will heed your advice... For now  Too many options! Cheers Addy

Re: Vero insanity!!! Help group!

Sensei Tim
it wears off after you've build a few (hundred) pedals :)

Re: Vero insanity!!! Help group!

Chris mudd
Only a few hundred!?!?!?!?!?

My wife is going to LOVE this!

Re: Vero insanity!!! Help group!

Highsmith
After you make 50, you'll find there's many "cool-but-similar" out there.

Occasionally, you'll find the "gem."

Re: Vero insanity!!! Help group!

Mulekicker
It's definately an addiction. I've built around 50 or so from here and my list keeps growing. The hardest part is settling on my next build, especially when such great stuff keeps getting added. In the last few weeks the EQD westwood and disaster transport jr., dod carcosa, jext telex white, and a few others have jumped out as must builds. Plus, I want to build all of the spaceman stuff. There's just not enough hours in the day, especially if I don't want my kids to think I live in the garage.

Re: Vero insanity!!! Help group!

Muadzin
Addy Bart wrote
Ha! Nice. Best avoid perfboard for the time being though ;-)
Vero is cool. And not that hard to troubleshoot with an audioprobe. Perfboard on the other hand is the Devil. To use it is an exercise in sheer masochism. You derive more pleasure from self flagellation then from perfboard. Don't ever go near it! As in ever!

Re: Vero insanity!!! Help group!

muadzin i did a circuit on perfboard once....... no matter what i did could not get that son of a bitch to work, and it still sits over 10 years later in the small bag of failed circuits. the funny thing is i made a vero for it and she fired right up not a damn problem. calling perfboard the devil is the understatement of the century. i would be perfectly happy is all the perfboard in the world somehow caught fire, and the plants producing them just vanished.

Re: Vero insanity!!! Help group!

I’ve been planning kindof a gnarly little perf project and now I’m thinkin twice haha

Re: Vero insanity!!! Help group!

balazs.bencs
Never do it. Those things were created by Satan, haha.

Re: Vero insanity!!! Help group!

Pariah
Haha. Glad to know I'm not alone here. It's the simplicity and modability that gets me. Reminds me of the good old days. Still managing to steer clear of perf. I took the advice. Have tried, but probably wouldn't leave the house without a straight jacket if that was the route taken!