Visual Sound Jekyll & Hyde (Grey Version)

Visual Sound Jekyll & Hyde (Grey Version)

Alex
This post was updated on .
Original thread and schematic: http://www.freestompboxes.org/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=7918&p=227744&hilit=Jekyll+%26+Hyde#p227744

With this layout you need to use Visual Sound's original switching system:

If you want True Bypass you can use this one:

Re: Visual Sound Jekyll & Hyde (Grey Version)

strassercaster
Kick ass Alex great job. I should be getting those tc4053 chips in about a week or two. I ordered them the day you put up the switch layout. I have a double box so this should fit no problem . Ill be verifying this soon. I wish I had all the parts I would stop 5 projects to make this one . Its perfect.This should be on the main site maybe after I verify it. Thanks Again

Re: Visual Sound Jekyll & Hyde (Grey Version)

Alex
No problem!
It's the grey version with an added Bass Boost from the Red one.
I didn't add it to the main site cause I wasn't sure if the schematic was verified.
Let me know if it works!

Re: Visual Sound Jekyll & Hyde (Grey Version)

strassercaster
Ok I have verified the hyde side which is mislabled on that one. Did you ever try my settings on yours yet? Sharp switch on,treble on zero ,  mid cut all the way off (non pantera) its the best low mid pedal out there very marshall like. I love this and the thunderbird for marshall tones .

    so can i ad a third pedal to this for switching? it looks like i can but the other in/outs are on one leg Hmmmmm. Thanks alex if not no biggie i might build another daughterboard and squeeze 2 and 2 into 2 boxes instead of three into 1

Re: Visual Sound Jekyll & Hyde (Grey Version)

Alex
Sorry, I've missed your previous post.
I've moved a few months ago and I had to leave a lot of my stuff in some boxes which are now squeezed and piled up all together in a tiny room under the roof.
Unfortunately my Jekill & Hide is in one of those boxes and I'm not sure which one.
Won't be able to test your suggested settings for a while.

I'm far from an expert on this but I think the 4053B is only capable to switch between two circuits:
http://www.nxp.com/documents/data_sheet/HEF4053B.pdf

Re: Visual Sound Jekyll & Hyde (Grey Version)

strassercaster
I was really checking out my Jekyll and Hyde last night . Its got a pretty good pop its a lot louder than i ever realized . hmm. ill go forward with this build and verification soon. I got a pniched nerve in my neck a few weeks ago . i have been selling a ton of pedals lately. I built 9 last month to sell. I worked 50 hours a week at the day job and 40 doing pedals . i need a break ha ha. i have just a couple to make this week and then i want to do this and the easy vibe and ross phaser. I may need a couple weeks off somewhere for this pinched nerve to heal up. Now I know what IvIark is talking about ha ha

Re: Visual Sound Jekyll & Hyde (Grey Version)

strassercaster
Thank you ,Alex you were spot on you did a fantastic job with this layout and I really appreciate your time ,effort and expertise helping me out.i did some comparisons to my real One an it's great mine has less switch pop probably due to higher quality switches.I really like the switching system . It pops some when you turn it off nowhere near as bad as most true bypass pedals. In confused on the FS 2-1 wires purpose .Its the bypass but it comes off right by the drive pot and the signal has gone through that first if right? . How is the bypass signal being routed unadulterated seemingly? I need a little help understanding exactly how I can use this universally I would like to know if you can make this universal or iis it already ? It looks like the drive in the Hyde could affect it but I don't remember it doing that . I need to test mine again tonight when I get home ha ha . If I do use it on future circuits where will I pull the fs2-1 off the motherboard bypass wire from?? Hey if you ever want any decals made up I'd like to return the favors . I use white photo grade sticker paper it's pretty good stuff . If you get me the dimensions and a pic I can and will make you some then you just have to stick and clear coat it .they take anywhere from an hour to 4 hours to do up the artwork and text depending on what it's going to be . Now that I got an acre back in my pedal board I was wondering how hard would it be to reshape the thunderbird layout you did down too 23 or -34 rows wide ? I would love to get this circuit into a 125b

Re: Visual Sound Jekyll & Hyde (Grey Version)

strassercaster

Re: Visual Sound Jekyll & Hyde (Grey Version)

strassercaster

Re: Visual Sound Jekyll & Hyde (Grey Version)

strassercaster

Re: Visual Sound Jekyll & Hyde (Grey Version)

strassercaster