Vox Clyde McCoy Wah with two inductors

zosotone
Hi mates! I have done a clone of the Vox McCoy with NOS components and a Stack-Of-Dimes type inductor from Arteffect. Sounds amazing but I want to add a switch for try 3 differents sounds with two inductors.

Now, I have de Stack-Of-Dimes and a Halo inductors with 550mH and 500mH. With a 3 positions on/on/on switch I can get three sounds, the two inductors, 550mH, 500mH and ~250mH with the two inductor in parallel. I thing that de old Vox Grey wah had a inductor with 250mH for "that" sound of Jimmy Page in the early days.

I have done this layout but I don't know if it's correct. Can someone verified it?

Re: Vox Clyde McCoy Wah with two inductors

Hey dude. I'm a little too groggy to check your layout right now but damn the wah build in the picture looks good!

Re: Vox Clyde McCoy Wah with two inductors

zosotone
Thank you for your words Travis

This model sounds huge but I am a bit frustrated with this switch. OK, any help most welcome.

Re: Vox Clyde McCoy Wah with two inductors

zosotone
Can someone help me with the switch?

Re: Vox Clyde McCoy Wah with two inductors

I may be wrong, but I think you want to wire the switch like this

Just my first thought in between classes, before my student showed up. This way in the middle position the signal will travel through both inductors at he same time.

Re: Vox Clyde McCoy Wah with two inductors

zosotone
Well, I tried your layout but in both sides of the switch I have a very high modulation and in the middle position an overdrive sound with no modulation.

My switch works like the top picture: