Vox VFS5

JumbledOpinion
There are a number of sites that show what is reported to be the schematic for the VFS5, but I don't feel confident in replicating that for a tagboard on my own.  I know it's going to result in a larger box, but since I am trying to build a full rig with DIY boxes, I'd like to see if I can do it!

Re: Vox VFS5

nocentelli

Re: Vox VFS5

JumbledOpinion
Looks like it.

Re: Vox VFS5

neilblue
I know this is going back a ways, but if someone else has any questions about this build, I just put one together for my VT20+

I modified a few things to keep stock standard parts and all seems to work ok. I ran mainly off the schematic from here:

http://bee.mif.pg.gda.pl/ciasteczkowypotwor/SM_scena/VOX/Vox_VSF5_footswitch.jpg

And the vero build I put together (WARNING, these are the parts that I used and works for the VT20+):

Re: Vox VFS5

Tommycataus
Hey mate this looks like a very neat layout, great work!
I have a couple of questions:

1) Did you omit the IC because it isn't needed for the 20+? It seems like it's just used to switch the LED in the original circuit, but it also seems that your layout takes this into consideration.

2) I'm looking at building the full VFS5 and adding LEDs to each bank switch. Someone did this before, but the forum is closed and the details are no longer available. Do you think it would involve the same circuitry (i.e. a comparator) to switch between the LEDs for each of the 4 banks?

Thanks in advance!

Re: Vox VFS5

Paphy
Hi I have a vt15 trying this board as shown but can’t get it to fully work , the switch the bank works but none of the other switches work  tried everything I can think of . Does this circuit definitely work ok    Any suggestions
Know it’s old but still needed   Thanks