WSG CV Mod

Kinski
Okay, I suck at schematics. Does this look correct?

Re: WSG CV Mod

ξεναγος νεκροπολης
yeap
it's ok man.

Re: WSG CV Mod

Kinski
Thanks. I know it's embarrassingly simple. But I just don't trust my schematic skills.

Re: WSG CV Mod

Synsound
I've been planning to add CV to my WSG for quite some time, but lack the jfets.
Give a man a match and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Re: WSG CV Mod

Kinski
Hey Synsound (and anyone else), Ive got a question about CVs. Is it possible to send a single CV OUT to multiple CV INs at the same time?
I'm planing a large synth build, so I'm seeing what my options are.

Re: WSG CV Mod

tabbycat
thanks kinski, small but perfectly formed. and a no-brainer mod for the wsg, opens up lots of options.

is this applicable to the monotron too? i've got a monotron delay i intend to pimp out at some point and cv is a natural start.

Re: WSG CV Mod

Synsound
Kinski, yes control voltage an be sent from one output to multiple iinputs. Just don't send multiple outputs to a single input.
To do this, you would use a patch cable where one end has both male and female connections. It's tough to explain what they look like. There are tons of shots in the movie " I dream of wires" that this method is seen.
Give a man a match and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Re: WSG CV Mod

Kinski
Tabbycat, glad to hear this is useful for you. I've read you can also use this to control the filters as well, but I don't know if that true or not. But I'll try it when I actually get everything put together.

I don't know much about the monotone, but I did a quick search and it seems many people add CV to theirs. This seems to be a good place to start:
http://www.synthsync.com/monotron-cv-gate-mod-for-korg-sq-1-sequencer/

Thanks Synsound. I think it would be pretty cool to have something like a Baby 8 sequencer running into a WSG, and a few other things, like Atari Punk Consols, at the same time. Or running into any combination of the 4 WSG oscillators. I think I may try to wire all this up with some rotary switches to route the CV to various points.

Roughly, something like this:

BABY 8 Sequencer CV:
To WSG OSC 1
To WSG OSC 1, 2
To WSG OSC 1, 2, 3
To WSG OSC 1, 2, 3, 4
To APC 1
To APC 1, 2
To APC 1, 2 & WSG OS 1 (and/or 2, 3, 4. You get the idea)

Im pretty new to synth stuff, but looking for ways to change that.
I'm totally insane for the next month. So I won't have time to build this for a bit. But that doesn't stop me from planning it all out!

Re: WSG CV Mod

Kinski
Actually, I bet ditching the rotary idea and just having individual toggles for CV on everything would be the best.

Re: WSG CV Mod

Kinski
Yup, this CV is verified. It works.