Wampler Faux Spring Reverb

Re: Wampler Faux Spring Reverb

induction
I'm glad you got it working. Good work.

Re: Wampler Faux Spring Reverb

Hozy31
So this is definitely verified now been having a play as i also built Madbeans Moodring today and they both sound awesome. If you have some spare 1H or 2H Belton bricks i would certainly give this one a go.
"Red velvet lines the black box"

Re: Wampler Faux Spring Reverb

strassercaster
is this layout verified and updated.? there are several posts by other people with issues.I got a hand full of these bricks and built a rub a dub and didnt like it. i also built a mood ring and didnt like it. i saw the video for this faux reverb and liked how you could set it for just a tint of reverb that i do like

Re: Wampler Faux Spring Reverb

strassercaster
Ok I built it per the layout and it didnt work. I did what induction said a few posts back ojn page one and it worked. Move the ground to the bottom row and move the 10k resistor bottom left area 10 rows from the left  that goes from the bottom row to pin 8 on IC2 to the bottom row and second row from the bottom works great. This is the best Brick 2 build I have done. Its way better than the rub a dub and the tenebrion. The best thing about this build is you can dial it way back for subtle tints of reverb. All the other builds start at over the top on the settings. This will do subtle and over the top way more versitale than anything else I have made.
def

Re: Wampler Faux Spring Reverb

def
Great news! Thanks, strassercaster!

Re: Wampler Faux Spring Reverb

Tune Tone
hey Strassercaster.
would you mind implementing the change you did in a photo.. I don't seem to get it. I got one of these build laying around since months. I've ben waiting for a moment that someone would get this one working and could explain HOW

big thank's for that!

how different are the TL071 from the TL072 ?
I'm missing one TL072 at the moment but got the 071 in stock and was thinking to flip in one of those instead just for the test till the 072 would arrive in the mail

Re: Wampler Faux Spring Reverb

Tune Tone
I got it working in a funky way with the 071 but then I get a delayed signal. I guess when popping the 072 it wo'nt be delaying anymore.. but then again:
This only works as well when the BDTR-5 is going to Level 2 lug and the Level show up all at once after the first 20% turning of the level pot.  Then I also have no reactions form the knobs.

any ideas what's up with that ?

Re: Wampler Faux Spring Reverb

strassercaster
well idk how you did that you should have subbed that 71 for a 72 . The 71 is a single op amp the 72 is a dual and 74 is a quad for future reference. Sorry I didnt see you post till now .I only came back because i am making another one for my cuz. Get the right tl072 or any dual op amp should work.there are dozens that will. . your not going to get the full picture with a single op amp.How you got it to work at all  is impressive  Ill upload a pic if you want sounds like all you need to do now is swap out chips. If you modded it to make that 71 work you need to unmod it though. This won my side by side comparison of a rub a dub a rub a dub deluxe the wigl and the box of hall. This is the best of at   6 different layouts  that i have made 4 brick 2 and 2 brick threes. Actually I Really really like this one because its so versitale mainly being i can dial it way down and it has a great tone and not to much shimmer or flutter .

Re: Wampler Faux Spring Reverb

Ravenswerld
Hey strassercaster,
 I built this and am having problems. Did you move the whole ground to the bottom row? I left the ground ep where it was then put a wire from ground where it was originally to the bottom row. Could this be the problem? Thnx!!!

Re: Wampler Faux Spring Reverb

bones79
Thanks John & induction - just finished this, worked first time and sounds great

Re: Wampler Faux Spring Reverb

Djarma
Hi John!Thank you for the layout.You wrote 22 links but I see 23 links,is that a mistake?

Re: Wampler Faux Spring Reverb

Djarma
Hi!I'm heaving problems with this one and i really wanto to make it work 😊 could you post some pictures of your build?Thanks!

Re: Wampler Faux Spring Reverb

hendra
hi i build this and its work..but the volume is reduce when the pot level is at zero position,,its ok?
12