Wampler Hot Wired V.1 Revisited

music6000
This post was updated on .
Hi
  I wasn't happy with the 3 way Fat switch on Drive A. It was hard to pick the difference.
I revisited the Schematic & Sketch's & noticed that the Resistor coming from Switch 1-2 to Diode Clipping
was a different value.
The Layout shows a 10k Resistor,The schematic shows a 1k Resistor.
I made the change and it basically opens the Overdrive up and takes the Bass frequencies down quite a notch.
The 3 way Fat switch is now quite significant in all 3 positions and an important part of the pedal to match your Guitar & Amp

As Always, Thanks Alex for making the Layout available!

Thankyou GrooveChampion for the Split 'n' Blend link, I used Fairchild 2N5458's.
Works as described!

Can someone confirm with Alex, I sent an email to him but I don't know Time Difference's
I'm from the Land Down Under
           AUSTRALIA!

Cheers music6000

Re: Wampler Hot Wired V.1 Revisited

GrooveChampion
Happy to help, how did you get the thing to work?

Re: Wampler Hot Wired V.1 Revisited

music6000
This post was updated on .
Note: This is Drive A side. Depending on Transistors recommended, Check Rotation!

         When the Blend knob is fully Counter Clockwise it is basically Off.
As you rotate in Clockwise direction it starts to Blend Clean back into Overdriven circuit.
By Nature you will get some Volume Drop, Adjust Volume pot to suit.

To GrooveChampion : LOL, I added this separately on the Same Board.

Cheers!

Re: Wampler Hot Wired V.1 Revisited

Alex
Changed!

Re: Wampler Hot Wired V.1 Revisited

GrooveChampion
LOL dude I meant how did you get the blend to work with the circuit?