Way Huge Pork Loin

johnk

Re: Way Huge Pork Loin

Alex
Hi John!
That schematic is gigantic!
If I'm not wrong it has 7 Transistors, 2 ICs, 5 Pots, 4 Trimmers.
Do you need help with a layout?
Considering you are one of the best I think we would all be in trouble!
Do you think it could fit in a BB box?

Re: Way Huge Pork Loin

Yes I'll do this one.  I reckon you could potentially get it in a smaller box than a 1590BB if I do a bit of working out about the part placement.

Re: Way Huge Pork Loin

Alex
Maybe I could fit it in BB box using standing resistors! :)
I think I still need a lot of practice.
Looking forward to seeing your layout.

Re: Way Huge Pork Loin

I'd want to get it as close to 21 columns as possible (being optimistic thinking about a 1590B just in case :o), and looking at the transistor section I reckon that could be done in two cascading rows like my Muff type layouts and so maybe 15 to 17 rows.  Then two opamps I could potentially get in 12 to 14 extra rows, so I reckon it would end up between 27 and 31 rows.  A few people have got the Snow White Auto Wah into a 1590B and so it may just squeeze in, but otherwise I reckon it will almost certainly go in a 125B unless those transistors are awkward to place in a way that makes the best use of the space.

I'll have a closer look soon.

Re: Way Huge Pork Loin

boratto
Bonsai!

Re: Way Huge Pork Loin

johnk
even a 1590BB would be fine with me since the original pedal is even larger than that.

Re: Way Huge Pork Loin

John is this the latest version of the schematic?  It's different from the last one posted on FSB

Re: Way Huge Pork Loin

johnk
it should be.
the one posted showed 22K resistors everywhere. I corrected it with the proper values

Re: Way Huge Pork Loin

Cool, I've done it then. I'll give it another check over and post it tomorrow. I'm in the pub now watching the football

Re: Way Huge Pork Loin

johnk
awesome!
thanks Mark.