What's the f*ck with Tayda lately?

JaviCAP
Don't know if it happens just to me, as they delete all non laudatory comments on their Facebook page, but from 2013's start, Tayda's service and delivery is decreasing in a  quick and non stopping way.

Lately  they've taken even more than a week to send an order with all components "in stock",  with issues like placing an order at 9 am (Europe time) and other two hours later on the same day (I forgot some items on the former one). First order was dispatched in 24h, 2nd order was sent 9 days later, and Tayda only admits "2 days delay", justified by a supposed improvement work on their warehouse.

I think is time to look for  for another store,  from January Tauyda's service really sucks and delivery times are getting to a month, instead of a fortnight as previously.

Any other one with problems?

BR

Re: What's the f*ck with Tayda lately?

I received an order last week which should have been 10 x CD4046 and 10 x CD4047.  I got 2N5087's instead of the CD4047's.

Fair enough they are sending out replacements but I still down know how they can make that mistake.

Re: What's the f*ck with Tayda lately?

GoranP
I'm only up to order #10 with Tayda and putting aside shipping time which is never less than three weeks,
the only mixup I had was getting three green davies clone knobs instead of red that I ordered.

Right now I'll still cut them some slack because they have the most reasonable shipping prices to my neck of woods (even if it takes them forever) and their prices certainly beat the local shops many times over.

And I just LOVE how they bag every single item.

Re: What's the f*ck with Tayda lately?

Surgeon
I'Ve never had a problem with the items received but they have been taking more time to ship lately.

Still, just like Goran, they are by far the cheapest regarding component-cost and shipping to my place so it'll take more for me to stop buying from them. Even without their monthly coupons (I don't wait for coupons to order although I do use them when available of course...) they are much cheaper than any "local" place I have to order from.

Re: What's the f*ck with Tayda lately?

dodido
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: What's the f*ck with Tayda lately?

Jon the Art Guy
I'm assuming it's 3 people in a warehouse, and they're getting overwhelmed with orders, which starts effecting service. The more we buy, the worse it gets. I'm guessing they also don't have an appreciation of stompbox builder's particular desires (I was reading that people are paying upwards of $30ea for NOS jrs4558 ICs), so they put in the equivalent, assuming it'll be fine.

I may be overestimating the workforce too. It might just be a guy and his beleaguered family.

small businesses can be rough I hear.

CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: What's the f*ck with Tayda lately?

Vince
I've had shedloads from Tayda and never had any issues. Delivery has always been within 2 weeks. (UK)

...touch wood...

Re: What's the f*ck with Tayda lately?

And I just ordered some stuff from Tayda on Sunday  I don't know if I should be worried or not...

--Silvie

Re: What's the f*ck with Tayda lately?

GoranP
As long as it comes in within a month and with everything accounted for, I'm satisfied.

It really helps to have low expectations, it also allows for more time to plan more builds.

CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: What's the f*ck with Tayda lately?

frooshontay
I just received my third order from them. I ordered 2 2n5457's, but only received 1. I also ordered 6 MPSA18's, but only received 1. Granted this was with an order with a bunch of other parts. (200-300 maybe?) I sent them an email on Monday and haven't heard back yet. I did receive an extra LED bezel though.

Re: What's the f*ck with Tayda lately?

ichilton
I've made several orders in the last month or so and i've got the shipment e-mail within about 2 days and the delivery then arrived in the UK in about 7-10 days after that.

Generally it's been 7 days from shipment e-mail to delivery, but I had a big one which went via the courier service instead of post, and a smaller one which took nearer 10 days. Still really good compared to getting stuff internationally on ebay which can take weeks or even over a month at times.

Ian

Re: What's the f*ck with Tayda lately?

negativefx
The last three shipments I've received from them have had insufficient postage that I've had to pay directly to the post office (US).  I guess it's better than overpaying Tayda for shipping, but still....

Re: What's the f*ck with Tayda lately?

JaviCAP
Did send  to Tayda's support a message trough the Help Desk link, telling them that I was a bit mad about the client's service in these last months months, that the March 11th order taking more than a week  just to be sent was the last one I was willing to support, and that I was waiting for a real answer about what was happening lately and a compensation, because I was payin' not only for some goods, but for a good service that they're not offering from January.

Their answer: deleting the message. Definetely blacklisted for me.

BR

Re: What's the f*ck with Tayda lately?

piltdownman
I just got a shipment today and I ordered it on the 12th.  To the US East coast.  I'm not sure where they ship from, though.  But just tonight I found they sent me N555's instead of N5532's.  I didn't notice until my Dumbbell didn't work.  Anyway, not a bad batting average considering I rarely go over $50 an order.  Sorry you are having so many problems with them.
Keith

CONTENTS DELETED

frooshontay
I got a response on my missing parts. The missing parts cost about $1. They offered me either a couple dollars credited to my account on Tayda, or a little less money credited to my paypal account. I thought it was pretty reasonable. I went with the money on my Tayda account since I'm sure I'm going to buy from them again. I'm not too bothered with some parts missing occasionally considering they're shipping 300+ with an order (and they're willing to credit you the missing parts).

Re: What's the f*ck with Tayda lately?

ichilton
The only problem i've had is a missing pack of resistors in a few hundred dollar order. They said exactly the same to me, so I just took the few dollar credit.

Ian

Re: What's the f*ck with Tayda lately?

Jon the Art Guy
well, I just received my 3rd order from tayda yesterday in about 10 days, with the full order there and no hold-ups at the post office.
Granted, I'm in the USA.

I decided before I actually started ordering parts that I would be buying the cheapest of parts from Tayda and save the germaniums for a place like Mammoth or Smallbear. When I build a Tremulus Lune, I'll be getting my LDR from one of them.

Enclosures? well, honestly, I'm still not sold on buying them. I'm inclined to try out circuit junction boxes or scratch building multi-enclosures out of sheet metal. If I end up being good at building, I'll just construct my pedals into 1/2U deals and put em into a rack.