Where to buy good wiring cable?

nonost
 Hi guys. I've been using this stranded 0.25mm2 cable for wiring the pedals I build

 https://www.musikding.de/Stranded-Wire-025mm

 I don't thinks it's a bad cable but I know there are best options out there. I'm looking for a little stiffer cable, I found the one I'm using a little soft. The FF I own by ZVex uses the kind of wire I'm looking for. It has some letters labeled on it indicating the AWG and some other stuff. The wires I see in the pictures of the MidFi Electronics instagram seems to have the same kind of wire I'm talking about.

 I'm in Europe, any idea where I can get a better wire from?

 Thanks

Re: Where to buy good wiring cable?

Hozy31
I use AWG22 solid core from Tayda and find it really good and robust. Tayda is your friend, very cheap for most stompbox parts and cheap delivery, although it does take a bit longer coming from Thialand. For different colours i get 0.6mm solid core from Bitsbox UK. There is also Banzai music with wire at 0.5mm.
"Red velvet lines the black box"

Re: Where to buy good wiring cable?

PMowdes

I buy mine from Rapid in 100m reels.  11 different colours.  Solid core.

https://www.rapidonline.com/Catalogue/Product/01-0380

Re: Where to buy good wiring cable?

blorvak
I use the 24 AWG pre-bond from Small Bear. Stranded, but keeps it's shape, and you don't need to tin it. Really fantastic stuff, if the shipping doesn't kill the deal for you.

Re: Where to buy good wiring cable?

Muadzin
I always bought my wire from Smallbear. I tried Musikding, Newtone, Banzai, I always went back to the 50 ft spools from Smallbear. I find it to be the perfect compromise between stiff and bandy, untinned yet no need to tin it before soldering. But at $5 a spool it was pricey when ordered in bulk. I never ordered more then 2 spools per order, otherwise they would switch to a bigger box and the shipping price would go up big time. Plus my chances would increase that those goddamn highway robbing thieves of customs would take notice and hit me up with import charges. 2 spools per order, with some rare parts, like optocouplers, LDR's or transistors/IC's, those would sail under their radar. I usually placed an order like that once a month and managed to build up quite a collection.

A lot of work for some wire but I swear by that stuff.

Re: Where to buy good wiring cable?

The stuff from smallbear is what I like as well. In addition to the benefits mentioned already, I would say the insulating jacket stands up to soldering heat better. Ie it doesn’t melt as quickly when soldering compared to other wires I have used

Re: Where to buy good wiring cable?

nonost
 Thank you all guys. Unfortunately Small Bear and Rapidonline are too pricey with the shipping.

 I think I would try the wire from Tayda the next time I order something but I'm afraid it will be more or less the same that I've been using. I'm going to try the one from Banzai as well, looks pretty good.

 I will let you know how it goes!

 Thanks

Re: Where to buy good wiring cable?

amsterdam
This stuff has been working great for me.  http://a.co/d/iKpoG67  keep an eye on it and you'll find it at a lower price.  Ptfe coated stranded wire, holds its shape well and is easy to work with if you have good wire strippers.

Re: Where to buy good wiring cable?

amsterdam
Tayda wire has always seemed a bit reluctant to take solder, and the solid core tends to be a bit brittle YMMV