Which are the most built pedals?

Zanius
So, with about 8 hundred verified effects on the site (Wow, congrats about that guys), which do you think are built the most, most popular, and which are the most build-worthy?

Also how about a list with the easier-to-make pedals for those about to start soldering? I haven't built many effects, but by far easiest and rewarding was the Green Giant.

Re: Which are the most built pedals?

Beaker
Difficult questions to answer Zanius, I really don't know which builds are the most popular.

Which are the most build worthy? That totally depends on what sort of music you like to play I guess. Metalheads will want to build something very different to Surf guitaists.

Easy builds are generally the ones with low parts counts, but there are many "simple" pedals that are really to get right - tonebenders for example.

Re: Which are the most built pedals?

Chris60601
Can't agree more! When in doubt, Zanius - breadboard a layout. This way you are not committing to anything :)

When a breadboard built suits your tastes, you can then commit to Vero.

Have a great day!
Chris
Yeah, 220, 221. Whatever it takes.

Re: Which are the most built pedals?

Muadzin
It's probably safe to say that the most built pedals are probably dirt pedals, considering that the vast majority of all new pedals being released are dirt pedals. And we only have to look at the bootweakers to see that the vast majority of all dirt pedals are derivatives/clones of the Fuzz Face, Big Muff and the Tubescreamers. Of the non-dirt pedals being released delays probably form the biggest group, then I suspect modulation.

I don't think the tastes of  DIY builders are much different from the average pedal buying public so their pedal building habits probably closely follow the pedal buying habits of others. There might be an above average disposition though for dirt as opposed to non-builders, for the following reason. Dirt pedals are relatively easy to build and troubleshoot. Delays and modulation however are progressively more difficult to build, so there's a steeper learning curve there, causing some builders to shy away from them.

Re: Which are the most built pedals?

dexxyy
Everybody should have a muff of some form ( ooer missus) the green Russian is my flavour of choice but breadboard one and try them all, there's only a few component changes between them (cept the op amp version).
If it wasn't for this website I would definitely have a life.

Re: Which are the most built pedals?

Frank_NH
"...which are the most build-worthy?"

I suppose that depends - what kind of music do you play?  What effects do you want/need to achieve your musical goals?

I love classic rock and thus I've built at least two dozen or more overdrives and distortions.  It's very hard to name the best ones, but if you're looking for a good, versatile and easy to build overdrive, I'd start with the Clark Gainster.  Eventually you will want to build a klon, muff, tubescreamer, crunch box, or one of the zillion variants.  Have fun!

Re: Which are the most built pedals?

ξεναγος νεκροπολης
most popular build on the site...mmm...i think it's deep blue delay..!!!
+1 dexxyy! big muffs are a must..

most build worthy? i agree with beaker.
i can only speak for my self...

if i had to live with 5 effects...
big muff ic!!!(i got both versions and i love them!!)
rog britania
timmy
dirtbaby delay
mxr custom badass modified overdrive