Will these boards work?

Elchalupacabra
Just picked them up cheap and getting started in this pedal fun.

Re: Will these boards work?

That's perf board.  It will work but it doesn't have the horizontal tracks like vero, so you have to make the tracks up yourself with offcuts from resistors, wire, or similar.

Re: Will these boards work?

Muadzin
Elchalupacabra wrote
Just picked them up cheap and getting started in this pedal fun.

BURN THEM! BURN THEM WITH FIRE THEN NUKE THEM FROM ORBIT! IT'S THE ONLY WAY TO BE SURE!

As you might have noticed I hate perf board. I never manage to get a perf board circuit working. If pcb is the easiest to build, as you only have to solder the connections, vero becomes more difficult as you have to make some of the connections and disconnections as well, with perf you have to do everything. There's a lot that can go wrong and probably will go wrong. And which will drive you therefore insane as well. So now you know why they were so cheap in the first place.

If you persist in this exercise of masochism, one word of advice, do not bend and use the legs of the components to make the connections on the other side as well. Just solder the components in place, cut the legs off and only then use your leftover clippings to create the connecting circuit. No greater pain in the ass with a perf circuit then having to desolder a component and with it a part of your circuit as well.

Re: Will these boards work?

M. Spencer
I've used perf board for small parts count, simple circuits like Bazz Fuss and LPB-1. For something more involved perf might be a bit more of a challenge.

Re: Will these boards work?

Take a look at the Runoffgroove website. All the circuit layouts on their site are perfboard instead of veroboard, so you have plenty of great pedals to build with these boards.