Woooaaahhh

Re: Woooaaahhh

Travis wrote
Are those orange electros Roedersteins? I got some orange Roedersteins for fuzz faces and they sound super good
Yes they are.  I bought 80 x 47u 25V axial Roederstein's a couple of years ago for a couple of quid on eBay and have used them a few time as PS filter caps.

Re: Woooaaahhh

alex.s
Thanks a lot for the very helpful info everyone!

Rocket - no need to apologise, that was very informative and of great help!

Just ulled the trigger on a bunch of 1T308V, can't do much wrong getting 20 for seven quid, right?

Looking forward to trying a few things out! :)

Re: Woooaaahhh

no problem buddy, glad i could help. the nice thing is if you find a bunch of different ones that are cheap from the same seller, it helps save on shipping and you can experiment. i really like the russian germaniums, i feel like on average they are a tad darker then the european or us equivalents, but i really like that.

Re: Woooaaahhh

alex.s
rocket88 wrote
no problem buddy, glad i could help. the nice thing is if you find a bunch of different ones that are cheap from the same seller, it helps save on shipping and you can experiment. i really like the russian germaniums, i feel like on average they are a tad darker then the european or us equivalents, but i really like that.
I should have totally gone for a couple other varieties and "request total"..!

But still, will be fun swapping a few of those 108's. I'm thinking a Fuzz face and a MKII TB to start off with... Or maybe some fancy DAM jazz to see for myself how a few hundred pounds worth of fuzz can redeem my soul and connect me with deity.

Re: Woooaaahhh

alex.s
Holy moly christmas came early!!!

Got extra transistors, extra diodes and an extra bag of resistors and caps of all shapes sizes and values...! The metal can in which the trannies came only adds to the mojo and now I'm cursing my brother and two friends who've asked me to make them pedals in the coming week, can't wait to hear all these goodies :)

Re: Woooaaahhh

He is a top bloke!
What were the other eBay shops that are his, does anyone know?

Re: Woooaaahhh

i'm about to make another order with him. he has some Ge's i've never seen before that i want to check out and see if they're any good. don't worry i'll leave plenty of all Ge's for everyone else

Re: Woooaaahhh

dbat69
IvIark wrote
What were the other eBay shops that are his, does anyone know?
Mark

They are pulsar8882 , bg2014-manue, ml-electronics

This is definitely the best seller on the bay, and very helpful to our community.  Apart from having great goodies for sale

I would definitely recommend any of the above eBay shops

Re: Woooaaahhh

Excellent, I was looking at ML Electronics and wanted a few things from there and I thought I'd seen it mentioned before.  Thanks for that

Re: Woooaaahhh

i should get my order in a week or so, and plan on letting everyone know what goodies i got. i love dealing with him. i got an email shortly after i ordered asking if there was anything else i needed, and that i was charged too much for shipping if there was anything special i wanted to make up the difference. real honest guy.

btw, i specifically ordered TI 2N1307's and Philips 2N1309's, never used them before, anyone have much experience with them?

Re: Woooaaahhh

dbat69
My latest package arrived with the MP20s, MP39s, SFT307s, 2N2222s, AA113s, PIO caps.

Lots of wonderful extras to play with - diodes, transistors, jacks and sockets, and a lovely head light.

They are very helpful and friendly, and very generous - they don't have to give us the extras but they do which is really fantastic of our friend.  The best seller I've come across on evilbay.
12