attn mouser experts. heed help locating a pot

attn mouser experts. heed help locating a pot

Sensei Tim
I'm looking for a 9mm pot like this from mouser. I've searched but i can only find the plastic shaft version with no threads.  do they even carry this?

Re: attn mouser experts. heed help locating a pot

myron tataryn
Not sure what value or taper you need,uk-electronic in germany stock a selection of types.Yours,Myron.

Re: attn mouser experts. heed help locating a pot

I don't see them at Mouser. Tayda and Smallbear have them. Tayda has a 15% discount till the 11th so maybe if you order with them the extra shipping won't hurt too bad.

I would load up on these from tayda if they had the version with straight pins but I'm never looking for these right angle versions

Re: attn mouser experts. heed help locating a pot

negativefx
I prefer the straight lugs too, but you can easily bend the board mount lugs out and snip them to length... they end up being the same as the straight lugs.  Definitely worth loading up at 15%

Re: attn mouser experts. heed help locating a pot

Sensei Tim
Thanks I knew smallbear and tayra had them.. was just hoping that mouser had then or something similar to get everything in on one order.

Re: attn mouser experts. heed help locating a pot

negativefx wrote
I prefer the straight lugs too, but you can easily bend the board mount lugs out and snip them to length... they end up being the same as the straight lugs.  Definitely worth loading up at 15%
Similar but not the same though. The right angled ones have a wider part on the pin that prevents you from being able to butt the pot up directly against the board.

In a build like this Fuzz Factory clone that I did, the right angled pins wouldn't work even if you bent them. Sometimes that tiny little difference is make or break, so I wish tayda would stock the straight pin 9mm alphas!
 photo 9E181CCE-E047-4048-8E3F-4B90875181C9_zpsba5hczdt.jpg