buffered and true bypass switching

kirshman
I'm looking at making a cornish ss2 from this site.  I'd like to be able to have a switch for adding the buffer in for buffered bypass or going true bypass, but have no idea how to do this.  Anyone got a diagram?

Re: buffered and true bypass switching

Ciaran Haslett
I see no reason why a DPDT toggle wouldn't work.  Wire the input jack to lug 2, buffer input to lug 1, buffer out to lug 4.

Link lugs 3 and 6.  Take lug 5 to you footswitch input as normal.

So with the toggle one way you have the buffer always in series...and the other way you bypass it altogether.  I'll do a drawing later tonight if you need one.

Re: buffered and true bypass switching

Ciaran Haslett
Had some free time...

Re: buffered and true bypass switching

kirshman
Thanks man! That's awesome!

Re: buffered and true bypass switching

Nice one Ciaran.  As another option if you didn't want to add an input buffer to the main effect you could always wire up a 3PDT stomp in the old style of true bypass switching like this:

and instead of the link between 3 and 9, take 3 to the input of the buffer of your choice, and 9 to the output.  Then the stomp will switch between effect board and buffer board.