dba reverberation machine corrected schematic

Re: dba reverberation machine corrected schematic

aelling
Alex wrote
This should work (different layout):
Another error in the layout that people mentioned was the IC is a TLC27M4AIN, not ALN.

Re: dba reverberation machine corrected schematic

Addy Bart
Built one with the original IC, and one with a TL074 and I didn’t notice any difference. I haven’t tried these changes yet though.

Re: dba reverberation machine corrected schematic

maragosspiros
Hi Alex, yes, that should work!

Re: dba reverberation machine corrected schematic

maragosspiros
aelling you are right.The original IC is the AIN not ALN, and that can be also confirmed by the high resolution pics tha I traced!

Re: dba reverberation machine corrected schematic

amcmann
Switch 1 and 3 wires need to be switched. Ive got mine working with that switch, just has a low volume error I need to troubleshoot

Re: dba reverberation machine corrected schematic

maragosspiros
amcmann, sorry but i don't get that. Can you explain what you mean please?

Re: dba reverberation machine corrected schematic

amcmann
Wiring order on the board for the DPDT switch has to be 6, 1, 3, from top to bottom. Otherwise, as it is now, signal goes in 5, through 6 and arrives at 3, which wont have a connection to the output for the belton on 2. If you switch where 1 and 3 are now, then it flows correctly from 5, through 6 to 1, and out of 2 (and it works correctly for the opposite throw as well)

Re: dba reverberation machine corrected schematic

aelling
This post was updated on .
The switch is a DPDT On/On, reversing sw1 and sw3 will have the same result, only the way the switch is flipped is reversed.

EDIT: Sorry, that's not right. Sw1 & Sw4 is the 1st tone setting, sw3 & sw6 is the 2nd. So if you flip sw1 & sw3 you will end up having both tone circuit inputs connected, but not connecting either tone circuit outputs to the belton.

Re: dba reverberation machine corrected schematic

maragosspiros
Hi guys,
well I can't see anything wrong with the new vero Alex posted nor the schematic I did. However, I just change the switch numbering in the schematic so there's no confusing. Is it ok now? Do you agree?

Re: dba reverberation machine corrected schematic

aelling
Looks fine, although it still says ALN not AIN.

I think it's ok now.

Re: dba reverberation machine corrected schematic

amcmann
Maybe just the way I number the switch is wrong? I always thought that standard was:

1  6
2  5
3  4

Perhaps, that could be it. This should be standard.

Re: dba reverberation machine corrected schematic

maragosspiros
Yap, that's the correct wiring. For this site, you can always follow these directions here http://mirosol.kapsi.fi/varasto/boxes_other/pots_switches.png.
Merry Christmas and a happy new year!

Re: dba reverberation machine corrected schematic

Skajaquada
aelling wrote
I've tried to find some demos of a clone that was made from the layout on the main site, and what Adam gets from his build is how I remember mine before I made the corrections, it was just not quite like an original.

But with the corrections made it now sounds like an original

Hey man, Adam here.  I just wanted to say thanks to everyone who put up this thread.  I really need to check the forum more often before I post a video...  Anyway, I've performed the corrections noted here (it was easy enough to simply replace the 470pf with a 100pf, as it's positioned between gain 1 and 2) and I agree that it sounds more like the original.

Anyway, thanks again to everyone for the help and clarification, you guys are the best!
Adam

Re: dba reverberation machine corrected schematic

aelling
Hey Adam, well thank you for doing a video of your build, like I mentioned it was how I remembered my build before I made the changes, and the changes made a huge improvement. If you make a new demo of the corrected version I would say keep the old one up for reference, those who still have the old build.

Also Alex, shouldn't the new layout be posted on the main page again since the old one is incorrect?

Re: dba reverberation machine corrected schematic

maragosspiros
Hi Skajaquada,
There are more than just the capacitor value (100p) the changes made to the schematic. Read the comments above and you'll find them all!
Wish you luck, we'll be more than happy if you post a video with all the improvements made to the pedal!

Hey man, thanks for the comment.  I also made the 68k connection to the pot, I was just mentioning that I replaced the 470pf with the 100pf on the board itself, rather than spanning it across the gain lugs.  I figured it would be easier, and slightly less messy that way.  I'll keep a second video in mind for sure, thanks again!

https://youtu.be/FTWsOrUARNI

Here's my updated video.  Not sure if I did it justice or not, but I definitely prefer the changes made over the initial layout.  I think the updated layout should be added to the main page, for sure.

Re: dba reverberation machine corrected schematic

maragosspiros
Hi Skajaquada,
thanks for the updated video, it really sounds much closer to the original now, in fact it sounds just as the original.
I also believe that the changes should be added to the main page ALEX...
Regards
123