dba reverberation machine corrected schematic

Re: dba reverberation machine corrected schematic

Battery Acid
Is this layout verified? I'm trying to debug it for hours, I only get noise from the reverb portion of the circuit

Re: dba reverberation machine corrected schematic

maragosspiros
Hi friend, yes it's 100% verified. Check for your ground ponts first, most commonly, noise is coming from a bad or missing ground connection.

Re: dba reverberation machine corrected schematic

nonost
Thank you all for improving the schematic and layout to its best. This is going to be my first reverb, and also my first project with a BDTR chip, so excited! I've already made the board and solder all components. I'm waiting till I got a 125B box to do the wiring.

Cheers!

Re: dba reverberation machine corrected schematic

maragosspiros
Hi nonost,
I'd suggest wiring and testing your pedal before boxing it. If something goes wrong with your construction, you'll save much time and work if you haven't boxed it.
Good luck, i am sure you will enjoy it?

Re: dba reverberation machine corrected schematic

iamregistered
Hey maragosspiros, you mentioned on the main site in regards to pre-delay that "one 6k8. Chech that last one, and increase it a bit until your predelay is gone. With factory value though, it's shouldn't be any pre delay".

Do you have a suggestion as to what value range to raise the 6k8? Or should I just wing it and slowly increase the value to (for example) a 10k, then a 12k, then a 15k, or should I just jump right to a 100k and keep going or something?

I've built a corrected version (as suggested via this thread) and it sounds exactly like the demo videos except for the pre-delay.

Re: dba reverberation machine corrected schematic

maragosspiros
Hi friend,
I suggest you wire a 50k pot instead of the 6k8 resistor and increase it until you do the trick. When you find the sweet spot, measure the pot resistance and replace it with the proper resistor back to your board!
Good luck!

Re: dba reverberation machine corrected schematic

iamregistered
Right, that's the obvious answer which completely eluded me. I'll report back if/when I get around to it. Thanks for the reply.

Re: dba reverberation machine corrected schematic

Babajoux
When I read the wampler diy book and compared it to the schematic I found out that there’s is a band pass filter in here in the gain section. Or a frequency booster. If you lower the 10k (put an potentiometer) or change the 1uf cap you can control the frequencies which get boosted (low pass filter. The gain knob and 470 cap (try up to 10nf) form a high pass filter(low cut). With that you can add mor or less fuzz and craziness as you like. It gets really dirty....

Re: dba reverberation machine corrected schematic

Marbles
Edit: (Like I said, I still make silly mistakes). I have a bit of predelay, but other than that it sounds like the original Alex. It's quite the difference with the old layout I think? The gain being connected to another lug of the ic. I think you can definitely change the one on the main page like suggested here. World of difference (now I got the sille mistakes out of the way

Re: dba reverberation machine corrected schematic

maragosspiros
Hi,
If you read my thread here http://guitar-fx-layouts.42897.x6.nabble.com/dba-reverberation-machine-corrected-schematic-tp44924p49311.html and my comment in the main page, i am sure you will get all the answers you need. Yes, i have build the vero posted in the main page and also the vero Alex posted after following my corrections ( in my thread in the debugging page) and Alex's vero works really perfect, identical to the real one. So, i suggest you redo your vero, this time with my corrections and i believe you'll end up happy this time.
For the pre-delay issue, try increasing the 6k8 resistor till the delay dissapears. If not, the only solution would be to change the brick. This is a common issue that these bricks have.
Finally i'll agree with you. DBA offers us great sounding pedals but quite a bit difficult to replicate them without issues.
Good luck to you friend
Regards
Spiros

Sent from Outlook

Re: dba reverberation machine corrected schematic

Marbles
Geez Spiros, I was embarrassed that with this specific DBA pedal, it was indeed me. Try to edit my comment quickly only for you to raise it back from the dead in a quote after :p

( the silly mistake being: when you try to swap the ic and one leg of the cap underneath starts poking your finger from underneath the vero, realizing that is not supposed to move and just not soldered properly)

I'll change the value or will see if I have a 10k trimmer I can fit in. I am curious if that guy with the original ever got back to you by email? Would love to know if his one was in fact original and had that predelay issue. It's hard to imagine. Most demo's I have seen are people gently strumming, no predelay there ofcourse so it could be as should. But since Ollie isn't that known for strumming gently himself, it's somewhat odd.

Re: dba reverberation machine corrected schematic

xavosh
I've got the same issue having built the main page and alex's redesign. havent tried bumping up the 6.8k to tame the predelay yet but this thing low passes the dry signal like crazy! would be very helpful if someone could point me in the right direction for getting the dry signal to be way less boomy/muddy/bassy

it seems like the original pedal does it to an extent too, so i'm not trying to say this vero is inaccurate. the verb sounds great :)

cheers

Hi friend.
Did you build the vero based on the schematic i posted in the debugging site? CAuse i believe it's almost identical to the original schematic.

Re: dba reverberation machine corrected schematic

xavosh
hey

yeah I did, and when I swapped out the the 6.8k the bass issue went away (but the pre delay stayed the same)

Not sure why but all good!

cheers
123