happy thanksgiving.

to all of us in the US, happy thanksgiving. may we all eat lots of turkey, stuffing, and everything else good with the holiday, and get some good builds in before heading back to work.

Re: happy thanksgiving.

Adam_MD
Happy thanksgiving everyone.  My wife's American but we're both at work today so we're having Thanksgiving on Saturday.

Re: happy thanksgiving.

kirshman
Mmmmmm turkey.  Happy Thanksgiving!  I'm thankful for this site.

Re: happy thanksgiving.

Happy thanksgiving everybody! Eat some good food and get some good building done!

Re: happy thanksgiving.

Frank_NH
I'll be doing lots of eating today.

Since I'm out of town, building will have to wait.  I want to complete a few projects as we get towards the holidays.   One project will be a smallish pedalboard so I can at least mount my klon and few other pedals I use for gigs.

Happy holidays to all!

Re: happy thanksgiving.

clockman
Managed to squeeze in a build this morning. Univox superfuzz woohoo! Now its off to family dinner., double woohoo! Thanks to all who continue to make this the best, freindliest and fun forum. Joy to all

RE: happy thanksgiving.

Chris60601
Right on, Travis.
As me and my family get ready to feast and of course indulge in adult beverages, I want to say thank you to all here. You have made learning this hobby enjoyable.

For those that dont celebrate as we do, please take some time to just think about how fortunate you are for what you do have for there are many, many folks that this time of year is painful.

And if possible, do for those that are less fortunate. We all have the power to change the world for good and it all starts with a random act of kindness.

Peace to you and your families
Chris in Chicagoland

Yeah, 220, 221. Whatever it takes.

Re: happy thanksgiving.

Yes Happy Thanksgiving to all my American friends.  Over here we call today Thursday

Re: happy thanksgiving.

Silver Blues
Heh same

Re: happy thanksgiving.

Yea well, you limey Brits can just celibrate the day you got rid of us here in the colonies. Also, my brothers from the great white north, don't you have Boxing Day?

Re: happy thanksgiving.

We do.  That's the day we all just fight each other.

Re: happy thanksgiving.

Suzukiscottie
A holiday on a Thursday. Great idea. Do people just take the Friday off too and make a long weekend of things?

Re: happy thanksgiving.

Hahaha mark.

Some do. Tomorrow is crazy shipping day, Black Friday. Which btw, I will be taking part in. Side note, I got a coupon for Black Friday from lava cable, 30% off everything and 50% off their tightrope kit. Perfect timing cause I need new good cables, and nothing beats quality with a lifetime warranty.

Re: happy thanksgiving.

ham_phist
happy thxgiving to you all.

Last year I told my wife I didn't want to deal with all the stress of thxgiving and Christmas. I didn't care what we did, but they get too hardcore with all the preparations. We did chinese buffet this year and it ROCKED.

Love it.

Re: happy thanksgiving.

ham_phist wrote
We did chinese buffet this year and it ROCKED.
I'd always be happy to do that.  I often think I should have married a Chinese chef.  Ching He is pretty fit too

Re: happy thanksgiving.

Suzukiscottie wrote
A holiday on a Thursday. Great idea. Do people just take the Friday off too and make a long weekend of things?
We did at my company and I'm happy! Gonna meet up with an old buddy and jam tomorrow and probably do some soldering beforehand

Re: happy thanksgiving.

rocket88 wrote
Tomorrow is crazy shipping day, Black Friday.
Yeah since we lost the ability to have our own ideas we started copying that too (not that I'd ever do it, you must be insane.  I don't like shopping when the shop is empty never mind when it has 10 times more people than it can reasonably hold )

We've done the same with our old "years" in secondary school.  We used to have first year infants, first year juniors, first year secondary school.  Now first year secondary school is "Year 7".  It's only a matter of time until we start calling it 7th grade.  Eating chips instead of crisps, and drinking sodas instead of pop.

I reckon stars in the background of the Union Jack is imminent

Re: happy thanksgiving.

Chris60601
IvIark wrote
rocket88 wrote
Tomorrow is crazy shipping day, Black Friday.
 It's only a matter of time until we start calling it 7th grade.  Eating chips instead of crisps, and drinking sodas instead of pop.
LOL  Mark, at least where I'm at, 7th/8th grade is referred to as Junior High.
When I was in school, they were just starting to term 7/8th grade as Upper Core, but that was a long time ago.

Oh yeah, and lets not forget Cyber Monday (nothing to do with pr0n, well - I suppose it could, but in most circles...)
Yeah, 220, 221. Whatever it takes.

Re: happy thanksgiving.

Sensei Tim
rocket88 wrote
Yea well, you limey Brits can just celibrate the day you got rid of us here in the colonies. Also, my brothers from the great white north, don't you have Boxing Day?
we had our thanksgiving back in October. :)

and yes. Boxing day. sweet sweet boxing day :)